mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Ya know, the audio scene in my town and the one next to me suck if the loudest thing around was my s-10 with two RE (the RE series) 12's tuned to 32hz. I don't give a damn really about spl, I just find it funny.

Theres a kid in HS here that is running around with an Explorer, he has two JL W0's or W1's or something. Ones in a sealed box, and the other is in a ported box from a cheapo HT unit. This box is somethin else, there is a cutout for the port, but no acutal port, it is quite funny. The wiring is pure ghetto too, I acutally laughed when I saw it, I told him if he wanted some help, give me a call. Haven't seen him since though.

When I was going to HS, the common thing was JL W0's. A friend of mine had the loudest system with three 10W0's in a sealed enclosure, powered by a PG Tantrum 500.2 - in a Subaru wagon.

I think he felt bad when I came back my senior year with the same amp he had running his subwoofers, powering my front stage :D I was really the only serious competition he had as far as subs go.

Man...those were the days when I didn't think sound deadening was worth it, and the install didn't matter as much :)

Had another friend with an A'bahn AWT12X running off a JBL BP1200.1, which is about the worst amp to adjust if you're upside down in a trunk and trying to adjust the gains.

That thing got decently loud, though...sounded like absolute ass, but was alright for a fart machine.

Id have to say my friends SE 12 was the loudest at school.

Well, there was one kid with 2 12's and 1 10 but he most definetly did not buy his system.

Rode in a former classmates truck yesterday evening, four 8" solobarics, needless to say I was not impressed.

Boob-cone Solo's?

Man, if those were in good condition...would be very cool drivers :D

Id have to say my friends SE 12 was the loudest at school.

Well, there was one kid with 2 12's and 1 10 but he most definetly did not buy his system.

Obviously thats not counting the DUBurban.....hehehe

Flat dust caps, whatever...

the gray ones, you know which ones I'm talking about :)

Boob-cone Solo's?

Man, if those were in good condition...would be very cool drivers :D

Nope.... 4 sealed under the back seat in a ext cab silverado.

Flat dust caps, whatever...

the gray ones, you know which ones I'm talking about :)

Yea, they are gray/black ones... Don't have a boob cone though :ughdunno:

wow.. a simple miss of an R and the spelling jokes come out? it really does get rather old.

Anyway, i just ran to lowes and im going to do my ocmputer set up for exactly $3.16

Much love to Ryan for sending me thoes aura whispers.

Anyone wanna buy my partsexpress order? Its only gonna be 164.70$ Four Dayton mids and 25 feet of 4 conductor wire.

I've had a gameing subwoofer in my closet for some time, has a sapposed F3 of 40Hz and will run up to ~250Hz.

The aura's are good from 200 to 15Khz.

Im going to build a TL for the aura's to 180Hz and the subwoofer will take care of the rest. I have two sound cards so i can use the output EQ's for each as Xovers.

Someone wanna buy me a new soundcard too, mine is tempermental sometimes.

You don't really "tune" a TL to Fs, if you did that, you'd just have a bass reflex enclosure tuned to the Fs of the driver...

What the TL does is reverse the phase of the rear wave, which gets you the same effect, pretty much :)

I assume you've read Martin King's website on this, he's the pimp when it comes to ML-TL's and their design...also hangs out on DIYAudio.

:ughdunno:

Im doing it for 180Hz (Fs of 200) and stuff it if its too "boomy" (can you have boomy up high?) and ill shorten it if I have a dip.

Ill see if i can find you a cheapy in the shop and ill send it to you if you just paypal me the shipping (like $1).

the 2" whispers fit perfect in 2" sch40 PVC :D

Ill see if i can find you a cheapy in the shop and ill send it to you if you just paypal me the shipping (like $1).

Thanks alot for the offer, but the cheapy one thats integrated into my mobo I'm not to fond of, so that kinda puts me off to where me no likey cheapo ones.