mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Most boutique shops aren't exactly filled with the knowledge

Got another order today. Showed up at a customer site, wowed them and left with a $50k order. :)

Why is it so hard to find a good crossover nowadays? I hate everything being included in the HU. Makes for a pain in the ass IMO.

Not so hard, just have to buy an old one.

And hard to find GOOD old crossovers for sale. There's a reason my XM7 is sitting on shelf covered in dust.

Not so hard, just have to buy an old one.

And hard to find GOOD old crossovers for sale. There's a reason my XM7 is sitting on shelf covered in dust.

Part of the reason I am not jumping up and down to sell my DX-28, but if I were to it would pretty much only be to someone on here that needed it.

I really don't want to spend over $150 either, but dammit. This "budget" system has gotten so out of hand. Especially since it's being utilized in a vehicle that has ZERO chance for good sound, nor does it need it.

Fuck it. . . Might as well just use the Coustic and stick it somewhere else.

Time to sell some equipment. Again. . .

and yourself Chris?

I'm fine. Kind of a rough day, lost a poker tournie, well not really lost I came in 16th out of 90 but still, didn't place very high. However, I kicked my math tests ass today. fing05.gif

People are gonna shit when the new Mags come out!

People are gonna shit when the new Mags come out!

Both types of people or just one type.

so, apparently the new amp that julie got has bit the dust....that's not for certain yet, but the 12" fi q is definitely toast. removed it from the ported box today, the one that we built at dave's, me, ramos and dave. The box is 2.5 @ 28hz but damn it sounded like it was tuned lower, even ramos mentioned it.

well i think i figured out why...when we removed the sub julie spotted the gremlin

0919071808.jpg

sean kept stuffing toys in the other box we had laying there, didn't even notice that he had put his ball in the one we were actually going to use.

Got another order today. Showed up at a customer site, wowed them and left with a $50k order. :)

Man, I cannot imagine if we got an order that big.

Oh no Matt!!! So are you saying the amp went and took the Q with it, or the ball screwed up the sub?

Man, I cannot imagine if we got an order that big.

I had a $910k day last week...

I think the amp went then took the sub, the ball definitely had nothing to do with it because it didn't even have a melted spot in it. I'm guessing if the sub got hot enough to blow, the motor would have easily melted the ball.

also the pic doesn't show it but the box is very long, the ball could have been tucked in the "box" part of the box (err not in the port part) and still had like 6-10" between it and the sub.

also i was running the box/sub/ball setup in the stratus for a couple months beating the hell out of it with no troubles.

i also figured out why my sub wasn't working....in my rush, when i hooked the speaker wires into the amp (monoblock but with two sets of speaker outputs) i hooked it up to + and +...durrrrr