mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

so we didn't get a drop of rain today

tonight/tomorrow is supposed to be a doozy again, but who knows

We got ansoehr 35mm of rians today. I codult go for soem nice westher soon.

Couple moree thigns to be done befoe bed but I don'tknow if I'll get thats cfar.

Frckin' presciptiosn sleepigns pills are unreal.

Yeah ok there's a lot fo mistakes there but I'm dizzy and nearlyk koncke oudft b y these pills.

blue, green, orange, black, orange, black, orange, orange, orange

looks like just heavy rain and lightning at the moment

Sean, I don't know if it affects any of your plans or not, but there has been a revision to our route for tomorrow. The new one is up on hotrod.com.

Went and drove around with a friend and surveyed the damage, much against my wishes the math building still exists on campus, it appears the engg building is messed up some but can't see much, they sealed campus off since there were power lines down. Ice storm week of finals in December, hail storm last week, this today, storms quite a bit, been floods in parts. Global warming anyone?

Needless to say I'm taking my camera to work tomorrow.

Ames is one tiny little shit hole of a town, btw

Pssst, try Ottumwa. That place is SO bad that it is the only John Deere factory that you can not transfer out of unless you get a promotion out of it and another plant wants you, and then the people will fight it unless it is a completely legit promotion.

Went and drove around with a friend and surveyed the damage, much against my wishes the math building still exists on campus, it appears the engg building is messed up some but can't see much, they sealed campus off since there were power lines down. Ice storm week of finals in December, hail storm last week, this today, storms quite a bit, been floods in parts. Global warming anyone?
Global warming ? I could use some of that ...

I'm starting to think we should rename June to November II ...

2:52 left at work.. god it's taking forever.

Global warming ?

It's never there when you need it :(

Global warming is such a myth. You have to realize that we have only be accurately recording temperatures/ recording the depth of arctic ice for a little over 100 years in most cases. Even if you take a 500 year sample, it's nothing in comparison to the lifespan of the planet. The planet goes through a natural change of temperature. That is why we have Ice Ages.

Global warming is such a myth. You have to realize that we have only be accurately recording temperatures/ recording the depth of arctic ice for a little over 100 years in most cases. Even if you take a 500 year sample, it's nothing in comparison to the lifespan of the planet. The planet goes through a natural change of temperature. That is why we have Ice Ages.
^^its not a myth my friend...:rockwoot:

I may stand corrected...it depends in what context your using the word "myth"

^^its not a myth my friend...:rockwoot:

I may stand corrected...it depends in what context your using the word "myth"

And I'm sure even with millions of trees killed to print all of those "scientific findings and hypothesis" we are that much closer to saying that we understand mother nature?

It's a myth, meaning its concocted. It's nothing more than raising global awareness and added marketing. If you ask me, we all learned the truth in earth science when we studied the heating/cooling cycles of the atmosphere. It's nothing abnormal.

And need I add that hydrogen cars that emit pure water are horrible for the environment too. At least from a global warming standpoint. The highest heat holding component of our atmosphere is water vapor. Add more water vapor= more heat absorbed by the atmosphere.

And don't get me started on the effects of concrete and local temperatures.

Can't say that I would coast in neutral in a vehicle for any extended period of time. To my knowledge the transmission fluid pump is driven off of the input side not that tail shaft so I would think that if you did that you might not get enough fluid pumped through the tranny and could shorten the life of it. Also you run the risk of accidentally slipping it up into reverse and fucking things up. Sure you may be careful 99% of the time on that one, but is saving a little bit of money on fuel really worth the extra risk on fragging the transmission? Now on the new fully electronic controlled ones, I don't know if it will even try to slip into reverse while going that speed.

I've talked to my transmission rebuilder friend about the coasting in N in an auto, and he says that the pump will still provide enough fluid/pressure to get keep things ok in a coasting type situation.

On every car I've ever driven, you had to push the button in to shift into R from N so it's not like it could just slip.

Not all vehicles have buttons on there gear selectors though :)

looks like i might be picking up a big HDTV (projection...boo) but it's a killer price.