Sign in to follow this  
gerront

PART 2 TOYOTA 4RUNNER BUILD OLD AND NEW

make it rain!!!

lol

are those just plain bolts u used for box terminals?

HA HA YEAH MADE IT RAIN FOR SOMEBODY AT "FI".......YES THOSE ARE JUST REGULAR STEEL BOLTS......THIS WILL BE CHANGED OUT WHEN IM ABLE TO GET ME SOME MORE BATTERIES.....

I don't get why you put monitors in the backseat headrests but good job on the build, looks mean as hell..

HATER-VISION IS WHAT I LIKE TO CALL IT........LOL BUT THANKS

Nice choice in sub woofers.

Uh....huh... :ehh:

X2 .. Is called Flossin!!

Moved the amps today...raised the box up and mounted them under the box.....batteries will be here tuesday (couple days) so hopefully it will be louder...will post new pics as work progresses......

so how does it sound with the port facing up?, im thinking about doing that with my 18's but i dont want to lose any loudness or anything

Edited by RobClay

well in my experience it isnt the best choice....dont get me wrong it works fine, but it will ALWAYS hit a lil harder firing toward the hatch. But i didnt have the room and i wanted the rear hatch to stay intact rather than fall off going down the highway one day blasting some young jeezy....So it still sounds good,..and it really cuts down on rattle......I would also suggest that if you did do this push the port as far back as possible....

Edited by 4runner

Well if you do try it let me know how it turns out......

well the box is going to be pretty high and the port is going to be very close to the trunk. heres a drawing of it i did in sketchup.

untitled.jpg

ok two questions....what did you use to make that drawing? i want that!!!! And second...did i hear you say it was going into a trunk?

:D Awesome ...downloading as we speak. But ok i got you on the trunk thing. Looks exactly like i have done some of mine....

haha ye youll like that lil program, comes in handy :) and as for the box i guess ill just figure it out when i get to that point

Good deal my friend message me for anything......

Well i added two new batteries today and built a battery rack to eventually hold a total of 4 batteries and replaced all my wire with the KnuKonceptz 0 awg wire and soldered every 0 awg ring terminal in my vehicle new and old....Will post pics hopefully tomorrow if i have time...Next i will re-doing the big three with better wire and terminals...... After listening to it with the new wire/terminals, new batteries, and having the amps moved.....it sounds just a hair better oddly enough...voltage is a lil better....ran it very hard for over a minute and it never fell below 11.4 volts.....could be better but still not bad.......

sounds good :) looking forward to some pics