SpeakerBoy

Lovin tha bass, but is it worth it?

don't get 5 ways. 3 of those "ways" are a waste. Pioneer speakers are, for the most part, decent. Better than walmart, but not by a whole lot.

maybe hes gonna break in to peoples cars and steal their systems when he gets older.

personally, i think this whole thread is bullchit. hes just making this up for S&G.

If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all! Stop replying, please, you are just wasting a post.

On to DSB, If you want more tweets, amp em' don't run them off the HU.

Why don't you pick up a SAX100.4 and go active with just the amp? What exactly are you looking at for a front stage?

well, something nice and crisp, pretty high end, not like 'focal' good but you know, not like wal mart stuff. want it to be able to blend together. maybe SEAS?

also, how good are pioneer tweeters and mids? not too expensive, but are they worth what you pay? i was lookin at the five-way's....:lol:

Okay, you just listed pretty much all the options. haha. How would you feel about going active?

"active" means directly from the amp right? no external x-overs? if so, thats OK by me :)

If you want more tweets, amp em' don't run them off the HU.

really? is it a cleaner sound or something?

Active you can actively adjust the crossover points be it at the amp, the HU, or an external processor. A component set it passive.

nevermind ;)... how would you make your speakers active?

Edited by JoshM20

Active you can actively adjust the crossover points be it at the amp, the HU, or an external processor. A component set it passive.

kewl, sounds good to me. i posted in the wrong thread, look at "pioneer subs in my buddy's subaru" he changed his mind....again....dammit...!

If you want more tweets, amp em' don't run them off the HU.

really? is it a cleaner sound or something?

Much better dynamics due to the headroom :)

ASS!! my friend saw the Fi's online, he was looking for 18's, because he was bored, and now i think he has a BTL fetish. i am trying to tell him that the two twelves will be enough, but he doesnt believe me. and I was wrong on the car, it isnt a WRX it it an Impreza. would a ported BTL fit in his trunk? hate to change topics so late, but it does have quite a bit more surface area.... what do you guys think? what should i tell him? to scrap the idea, or to roll with it? sorry i keep confusing you guys, but everything else is staying the same. will be running a 1500D as power, and two yellowtops(one under the hood) all we need to do short-term, is find some cheap, yet reliable 0ga. either way as a matter of fact, because those sundowns are hungry smile.gif i am definetly thinking upward facing if we go through with it, and a low tuned custom box....probably around 26-30 hz. he is looking for the absolutely outstanding lows, like Put On's lowest note, just freakishly loud. thanks for any feedback, sorry that the plans keep changing!!

I think you might be biting off more than you can chew. Is it a wagon or a sedan?

Meter time is best to prepare your vehicle for a competition. You'll want to know where to set your gains, adjust your deck etc for the SPL burp. Other things like moving seats, visors, will help you achieve the maximum possible score in your car given its current condition. If you don't know anyone with a meter or a shop doesn't have one, ask the judge before the show if you can do some test runs, before or even after the show. Have an experienced competitor help you if possible. Organizations like MECA are very helpful in doing this at the show.

thanks, i have never competed before, really want to be a champ :)

If I was you I would go purchase a Termlab....try different boxes and tunings..

in car testing with the TL is your best route to the winners circle

ASS!! my friend saw the Fi's online, he was looking for 18's,

be carefull...more is not always better..

I can make a pair of 10" get louder than a single 18" in a bad install....

there is NO way an 18" will properly fit in that car with out loosing the rear seat area,walling or a blow thru

if done right you should be able to hit the high 140's with a pair of 12"

I think you might be biting off more than you can chew. Is it a wagon or a sedan?

itsa sedan. i looked at the trunk, and it appears to be able to hold an 18. he really wants to go this route, 110%. if there is ANY way under 700 to build a box to fit in that trunk, he wants to know. it is for low frequency SPL, not for like, that high bass, ewww.... want it to be able to pound on music though...thanks for any suggestions!

ASS!! my friend saw the Fi's online, he was looking for 18's,

be carefull...more is not always better..

I can make a pair of 10" get louder than a single 18" in a bad install....

there is NO way an 18" will properly fit in that car with out loosing the rear seat area,walling or a blow thru

if done right you should be able to hit the high 140's with a pair of 12"

blowthrough meaning, through the back deck? or through the seat?

itsa sedan. i looked at the trunk, and it appears to be able to hold an 18. he really wants to go this route, 110%. if there is ANY way under 700 to build a box to fit in that trunk, he wants to know. it is for low frequency SPL, not for like, that high bass, ewww.... want it to be able to pound on music though...thanks for any suggestions!

To be competitive in SPL competitions, you will be playing tones above the normal range for subwoofers.

To be competitive in SPL competitions, you will be playing tones above the normal range for subwoofers.

damn....none do like, 25 or 30 hz tones?

You want to play at the resonant frequency of the vehicle. Usually in the 45-55 Hz range.

You want to play at the resonant frequency of the vehicle. Usually in the 45-55 Hz range.

oh i get it ;) how do you figure the cars frequency?

personally, i think this whole thread is bullchit. hes just making this up for S&G.

Im with him. Not to be an ass but because he cant even drive yet. It's great to have goals and plans, but no way in hell is this kid gonna drop a few grand on a system when he's 14.

Im with him. Not to be an ass but because he cant even drive yet. It's great to have goals and plans, but no way in hell is this kid gonna drop a few grand on a system when he's 14.

I had my first stereo installed in my car before I had my license. It's his money to do what he wants to with it.

Back on topic. Remember that the box has to fit THROUGH the trunk opening, which I doubt is possible for an 18" in a trunk. I guess it is possible, but it will be tough. Why doesn't he consider 2 bad ass 12's?

I had my first stereo installed in my car before I had my license. It's his money to do what he wants to with it.

Back on topic. Remember that the box has to fit THROUGH the trunk opening, which I doubt is possible for an 18" in a trunk. I guess it is possible, but it will be tough. Why doesn't he consider 2 bad ass 12's?

i mean, i would be fine with it i don't understand why he isn't...i keep telling him that the pioneers will be more than enough....i was looking forward to seeing them actually, never seen a true competition class woofer in person :( crap bells gonna ring in a few, gotta finish my programming lesson ;)

who knows where we could pick up a 2,000+ amp battery , around the chicago area? for a car of course...