thewraith1971

newbie from Michigan here

newbie from michigan here, just getting ready to start assmebling parts for my car which is a 2003 volkswagen gti. I am looking at an eclipse cd8455 headunit or clarion drx9675z right now backed with rainbow slc 265.25 comps up front and cdt m6+ mid bass rears. I am still undecided on amps and speakers right now though and looking for input

welcome to SSA! I drive an '03 Gti as well :) Right now im just running the stock monsoon setup but will be swapping it out over the winter.

I'm thinkin of getting 4 Pheonix Gold RSD 65cs powered by an MB Quart DSC-4125. Still not 100% sure yet but that will probably be the setup...maybe a lower wattage amp as the speakers are only 60 watts rms each and the amp is 100x4 i believe...

yeah my monsoon headunit always pops up error 1 when trying to play cds and lately radio reception has had alot of static even for local stations. Yeah i still need to find out what the max depth speakers I can run in this car for rear fills and front components. As far as amps I was leaning towards a rainbow I.paul

I decided to get rid of my monsoon head unit just because the sound quality out of it was alrighttt but i wanted something a little better. and considering it didnt play mp3s i wasnt interested in it. If worst comes to worst, just get some shallow mount speakers...I'm not sure of the depth myself on the speakers but theres always a way to make things fit!

Nice 20th anniversary btw :)

This is my Gti:

mybaby-1.jpg

Edited by bass_4_ever

Welcome to SSA, nice car for sure. :)

welcome to SSA. you should get to know me, i am the local perma-noob ;)