My friend keeps on telling me his ma audio 802sx pushes out all this true power at less than 14 volts. I told him his amp was rated at 17 volts and he doesn't believe me. How does the sundown saz-3000d stack up to the ma wattage wise at 14 volts. He says his amps are the better deal because they are a little more than half of the price of the sundown. I told him you get what you pay for and sundown was a better quality amp. I just need some opinions and facts to back up my logic. Any help would be grateful.

My 802SX did fine other than it shut down just from turning the gain up...(it'd reach like 3/4 gain and go into protect with no load present.)

I never tested the power output but it didn't come close to the strapped pair of soundstream EGA1700d's that I ran during that same time period.

I just tested out clif's big amp and was fairly impressed...

*you'll have to talk to the sundown fella's on that amp.. I've haven't been lucky enough to play with a 3000d yet.

im currently running two of these amps and the power is pretty good,. they pull alot of power though. These amps are rated using 14.4 not 17? the hk4000 MA Amp is rated at 17 volts not the hk802sx. The amp also does not put out real power at 4400watts rms...I AM AN IDIOT AND I CANNOT SPELL PROBABLY more like 3000watts with a good electrical system. But for the usual price on them its really not a bad amp.......

MA=dirty power

how so? do they clip at low volumes? not that im pro ma but there power is clean its just over rated and not that reliable of equipment. if you watch your temps and keep the voltage up at rated stable loads you will be fine for a couple years

Im an idiot and cannot spell probably??? How did that get posted? i didnt say that lol?

Im an idiot and cannot spell probably??? How did that get posted? i didnt say that lol?

I'm sure you'll figure it out sooner or later. (laughs)

It's a filter. Just like chit, and fudge

I have had two totally different Ma amps, in two different setups, at completely different times. And each, gave my two totally different problems. for that reason I wont use them ever again. The only brand of amp to give me any problems ever in my experience.

I, however, am not putting them down. Just won't have em in my personal installs ever. I guess they don't like me ( 0 for 2 ). But if they work for you, then by all means go for it

Because you typed like a hood rat and used a word like prolly. :(

ha ha thats awesome.......and no im not a "hood rat"!!!

o by the way sundown is rated at 12 volts not 14........ so at 14 volts you get more then 3000 watts@1ohm,.

I'm not gonna lie...i would take the Sundowns over the MA without any doubt in my mind, but MA does make some strong amps. The main problem is that the are current hogs. My friend has 4 of the HK4000's. He is running a pair strapped to each of his RE MT12's, no crazy tuning or huge box, matter of fact i think he has 5 cubes or less. He does 156's on the new TL all day long in the 4runnerand still sounds decent. in the pic he has the optima's that are pretty much there cause they were from his old setup, but he is actually running 4 16volt turbostarts to the MA's

Picture2892.jpg

Edited by manbeer

manbeer id like to see more pics of that 4runner there.....

manbeer id like to see more pics of that 4runner there.....

I'll try to get some from him next time i see him, that is from a thread over on CA that someone else posted from a show. It's a 94, with 24" DUB spinners, suede interior, and a bunch of other stuff. That setup replaced 2 13w7's and 2 zapco 9.0's, which were doing like 151 in their last incarnation iirc