johnny5

2 10" Qs on Sundown 1500d

Would it be ok to run 2 10" Qs off of a Sundown 1500d? I know they would be underpowered and wonder if it would be a real big deal?

I was going to go 2 10" SSDs off of the same amp...but got to thinking about the Qs b/c they require less airspace.

Kinda not sure on which to get. Any help?

i would go with a smaller amp.... maybe like 1200 watt sundown

i would go with a smaller amp.... maybe like 1200 or the 1000 watt sundown

a smaller amp for 2 of them?!

I plan to run the subs sealed. I listen to proly 25% rock and 75% rap. I am thinking about try out bass racing.

Edited by johnny5

That's exactly what he just said. Yes

sorry just confused b/c I thought the Q's were 1000 watts rms each and the sundown is only 1500 watts rms or so and would be underpowering them.

Edited by johnny5

That's exactly what he just said. Yes

sorry just confused b/c I thought the Q's were 1000 watts rms each and the sundown is only 1500 watts rms or so and would be underpowering them.

It also partly depends on how big or small of a box you are planning on using.

if you listen to more rap why dont you get a single bl 10 loaded and run it off the saz1500 in a ported box. it will take up about the same space, cost less, and most likely get louder. you could also wait for the 10in nightshades but the bl's are more musical.

or 1 bl 12 loaded ran of a saz1500D, it will be pretty loud

the min rec enclosure for the q's is .2 the .5 was for the both of them a single bl 10 min rec ported is .5 the 12 is 1.8cu he was looking for a small box.

the min rec enclosure for the q's is .2 the .5 was for the both of them a single bl 10 min rec ported is .5 the 12 is 1.8cu he was looking for a small box.

am sorry, i was unclear man. The .5 for the Q's would be each. So 1 cu total.

Am working with a regular cab truck, so i dont have loads of room to work with. Each of my boxes would be 24" tall 18" wide 3" TD and 7.5 BD. those are just apox numbers tho...I just have to adjust for whatever airspace I need.

I did think about 1 10" bl ported, but I dont think I could design a ported box for a truck.

Edited by johnny5

My vote would be two SSDs sealed

Don't worry about under powering. I hate that misconception. They will play and preform fine with either the 1200D or 1500D, those amplifiers are plenty of power for a pair of SSD's or Q's. :)