okay thanks i was getting worried.. so im sure tha amp works then. i guess ill let you guess know how it turns out

okay, so it going into protect could be because i was testing it with 4awg and its just not enough power

Did it go into protect right before/at the same time it blew the fuse? If it did, then it probably saw a major drop in voltage at about the same time it blew the fuse, causing it to go into protect. I would upgrade the wiring, and then try it again. That's probably all it was.

okay thanks i was getting worried.. so im sure tha amp works then. i guess ill let you guess know how it turns out

and btw and heres 2 very good cheap 1/0 wiring kits, comes with everything you need.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3935_Kicker+PKD1.html#

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLM-AK0

Edited by RobClay

ok so it turned on then the music started playing and it went into protect and popped the fuse, and like i have said its not my wiring i was just trying to test it since i bought it used

and btw and heres 2 very good cheap 1/0 wiring kits, comes with everything you need.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3935_Kicker+PKD1.html#

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLM-AK0

yeah i planned no going on the knukonceptz wire ad i was just oging to buy everything seperate and going with the kolossus flex kable

plus i am running 2 batts and where i am putting the second one i plan on running everything under the vehicle from first batt to second then back under to the amp

ok but make sure its under there in a safe place.

Just to state the obvious it is going to take a lot more then just 1/0 wire to run that amp. Like batteries, alternator, and big three to name a few.

he said hes going to be running 2 more batts, and btw what kind of batts are they?

he said hes going to be running 2 more batts, and btw what kind of batts are they?

He Said it while I was typing the response.

I hope all of those batteries are going to be mounted outside the passenger cabin.

what do you mean outside of the passenger cabin.. i have one under the hood and one back beside my box where it fits tight

I mean not inside where passengers are. They dont look like sealed batteries so they will vent harmful gasses inside the cabin.

i see yeah i am new to all this major electrical. so do you think if i built something for my second one to sit in and would cover it up it would be better

I wouldn't, the gasses produced are a very volatile mixture of hydrogen and oxygen also you cant mount the battery any which way but upright otherwise it will leak.

i plan on it facing up.. so how should i mount it?

Edited by stuartgoodenough

outside the suv!

yeah but where i have no room under my hood...i wish i would have known this before i purchased it

well you should have asked this question before you asked about that silly 200 db qustion!

sell it... or take it back... get a sealed cell...

shouldi take both back and get a differnt set and whatt could i get for about the same price like 80 dollars a batt