fis10

Fi bl sub enclosure for single cab s10

I have a 97' s10 single cab and i want to put a 10" or 12" Fi Bl series sub but dont have enough room behind the seat without eating my legs. Should i do a blow though where i put the box in the truck box?

A blow through will be a permanent part of the truck wheather you decide to sell it later or dont like the outcome

I have a reg cab ranger which has less room than a s10 and I have a 10'' Bl in mine. It takes up a lot of room behind the passenger seat because I have my amps mounted behind the drivers seat. Here's a few pics:

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture005.jpg

I agree...you really should think long and hard before doing a blowthrough...i had one in my ranger and are about to have one more in my f150, but I have always been happy with the outcome....but that is just me. There are consequences to it, the main one being the trade in value or resell value of the truck. But again, I have always loved my blowthroughs and will be doing yet another one in another couple months once I am caught up from paying off college loans.

i just deigned a box for a 12" Q for my stepbrothers 94 s10 3 days ago... if you get bucket seats you can build a really nice center console box with the sub centered in front of the seats/under the dash around 1.75 cubes

i just deigned a box for a 12" Q for my stepbrothers 94 s10 3 days ago... if you get bucket seats you can build a really nice center console box with the sub centered in front of the seats/under the dash around 1.75 cubes

i would love to see pics of that. sound interesting.

Blow-throughs are the best! I say do it cuz you'll love the outcome. And later on down the road if you deicide to get rid of the truck you can just fabricate new panels to be spot welded and panel bonded into place and it will look like nothing ever happened

truckbox.jpg

btl7.jpg

This was with my 2 BTL 15's and 6K at half volume

This was with my 2 BTL 12's and 6K watts

th_travishairtrick2.jpg

This is what my new setup is

410sbox-1.jpg

And 4 of these

myamp.jpg

Edited by Thumper

Center console setups are realy not the best way to go. They dont have a proper loading environment..It's not so much a matter of arriving at sufficient mounting area to get the woofers loaded onto the box--that's easy--the challenge lies in making the enclosure, itself, work to couple the cumulative cone area to the cabin air mass and keep it there at a low enough frequency... which, given the amount of cone area that you're looking to use and the limited internal enclosure air space, might be quite difficult (if at all possible). But if thats the more capable of beeing done task then eh, why not.

thummper I hope you have plenty of batts for those amps.. they are some power hungry beast..

to be more specific with my center console box...

2i6yots.jpg

port goes behind passenger seat...

I was weary of this design at first too for acoustical properties, but blowthrough was not an option so this was the only choice. I personally think it sounds amazing, a great output with very even response, and the bass is coming from everywhere you cant hear it 10 inches in front of you or right behind your seat(as the passenger)... its just there

p.s. amazing system thumper :slayer:

Edited by fiq15pwnsnoobs

Ya I've seen it done in many ways.. Most not as eloborate as that. Normally you'll see just a glass enclosure built right there. But ya since blow through wasn't an option than by all means that should do fine :D

What are the dimensions of that box? The one with the port behind the passenger seat and sub up front? I have a Bench seat but want to go with something like this. Any Suggestions?

Can i see a picture of the enclosure in use? I want to go with something like this or one with cupholder and ipod holder and such thanks...

to be more specific with my center console box...

2i6yots.jpg

port goes behind passenger seat...

I was weary of this design at first too for acoustical properties, but blowthrough was not an option so this was the only choice. I personally think it sounds amazing, a great output with very even response, and the bass is coming from everywhere you cant hear it 10 inches in front of you or right behind your seat(as the passenger)... its just there

p.s. amazing system thumper :slayer: