Sign in to follow this  
fobanginvtek

comps?

when I am in the back seat it isn't usually when someone else is burning gas :D

Hahaha, I didn't want to go that route, but, It was bound to happen :clap:

Huge difference.

The former has a chance at a coherent soundstage, the latter doesn't :)

Huge difference.

The former has a coherent soundstage, the latter doesn't :)

Ok, I want some decent clean sound, but at affordable price. So what you saying is front and rears is the way to go? lol Im confused with everyones input

I'm saying going with rear speakers is unnecessary...

i guess i will also "hijack" this thread

currently im driving a 07 tahoe, have stock speakers, stock hu, eletrical not upgraded yet

i have 2 15" BLs off of 2 1000.1 kicker amps.

i was wondering if i should just get comps. or get 2 sets of coax? and i've been to circuit city,best buy, and sound advice and i really liked polk audio(of course they only had a few to even choose from). what would you guys reccommend? i ahve a friend taht told me just saturday to leave him the door panels and some speakers and he would mod them to have 2 speakers per door. and if i were to go that route, i would think 2 comps would be the way to go(but pricey)? christmas is coming up so ya know i gotta add some of these to my list :D taht way i have more $ to spend

thx in advance

currently im driving a 07 tahoe, have stock speakers, stock hu, eletrical not upgraded yet

i was wondering if i should just get comps. or get 2 sets of coax? and i've been to circuit city,best buy, and sound advice and i really liked polk audio(of course they only had a few to even choose from). what would you guys reccommend? i ahve a friend taht told me just saturday to leave him the door panels and some speakers and he would mod them to have 2 speakers per door. and if i were to go that route, i would think 2 comps would be the way to go(but pricey)? christmas is coming up so ya know i gotta add some of these to my list :D taht way i have more $ to spend

thx in advance

If you listen to rap, things are a lot less critical.

If you listen to music that actually has a definite soundstage and potential for a real stereo image, then I'd skip the coaxials and go with individual midbasses/tweets bi-amped.

thx in advance

If you listen to rap, things are a lot less critical.

If you listen to music that actually has a definite soundstage and potential for a real stereo image, then I'd skip the coaxials and go with individual midbasses/tweets bi-amped.

so coax would be alright then? i sometimes listen to spanish stuff(rancheras n stuff), and sometimes to techno, so what that still be sound?

the only place where it would be good to have a rear fill is for shear volume in a vehicle thats is mostly for demoing..not for the driver but for people outside of the vehicle...like with all four doors open..the rear doors being suicides..i love my rear fill for that reason..but for a trunk car or hatchback thats looking for sq its pointless

ah true, but what about people sitting in the backseats?? heh

To hell with whoever sits in the back! :lol: ... J/K.

Only thing rear speakers are used for in most systems is fill if even at all. But like ///M5 said a proper front stage will more than make up for rear fill.

You could just run your deck power to the rear speakers to see how it sounds. More than likely you will disconnect them later.

Edited by OldSkool_08