hunters21w

New to the site, lots of questions

Hello, I have been interested in car audio for awhile now. Looking to buy a new setup. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Bump.

Sorry I should probably explain. I was hoping to order a 15" or 18" fully loaded BL. Still undecided on the amp to match it with. So far it sounds like the Sundown Amps might be the way to go. Any advice on amps and how much they would cost? Advice appreciated.

Bump.

Sorry I should probably explain. I was hoping to order a 15" or 18" fully loaded BL. Still undecided on the amp to match it with. So far it sounds like the Sundown Amps might be the way to go. Any advice on amps and how much they would cost? Advice appreciated.

you can see exactly how much they cost, just add them to your shopping cart in our store and it will show you the discounted price.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart...&cPath=3_11

Well that defidently helped alot. The BL's are rated at 1000 RMS, so would it be best to just get the SAE 100D Amp or should I just spend the extra $30 and get the SAE 1200D? Also, am I going to have to buy any batteries or anything to run this amp?

Check and see what your alternator is rated at. If it is around 90-100A, then you should be fine. You may have slight dimming but shouldnt be anything of concern.

If you get real low light dimming, i would get a DMM and monitor the voltage going into the amp at it's power\ground terminal. If it is dropping below 12.0v, then you can ask how to fix that later, :)

Check and see what your alternator is rated at. If it is around 90-100A, then you should be fine. You may have slight dimming but shouldnt be anything of concern.

If you get real low light dimming, i would get a DMM and monitor the voltage going into the amp at it's power\ground terminal. If it is dropping below 12.0v, then you can ask how to fix that later, :)

yes and no... I have a stock 85amp alt in my neon, I run a 3k amp daily, have 4 runs 1/0, and an orbital extreme battery. I have minimal dimming, and i never come close to 12v on dmm!

A 1200rms amp is pretty small for alot of ppl, but I would spend the extra 30$ now, rather then regret it later. Its a small price to pay for 200watts. Its called gains you dont need the amp maxxed out, always better to have more then not enough!

I would spend the extra $30, it's a good deal for 500 extra watts.

ye the 1200 will actually get close to 1500watts on a good electrical, sundown amps are underrated :)

A 1200rms amp is pretty small for alot of ppl,

:lol:

ye the 1200 will actually get close to 1500watts on a good electrical, sundown amps are underrated :)

Very underrated. They are also rated at 12.8 volts.

Are all sundown amps under rated??? I never used one.. WOW rated at 12.8 I love that, hate this 14.4 $hit I dont hold 14.4 burping so I want real ratings!

hahaha wasn't tryin to be an ass, but 1200 on most electrical systems isn't extreme... sorry bout soundin like a dick... well comes natural :P

yes i would say most of them are. even their smaller amps like the 100.4 would tear up a sub

:WELCOME:

hahaha wasn't tryin to be an ass, but 1200 on most electrical systems isn't extreme... sorry bout soundin like a dick... well comes natural :P

Nah, you didn't come across like that at all, it's just funny to see how perspectives differ sometimes, that's all :)

Are all sundown amps under rated??? I never used one.. WOW rated at 12.8 I love that, hate this 14.4 $hit I dont hold 14.4 burping so I want real ratings!

As far as I know all Sundown amps are underrated.

Hmm maybe I might have to get a sundown amp and rip it up in the spring, see my gains...

LOL 1200 rms is decent, my first amp 10yrs ago was 250rms@2ohms LOL.. I think nothin of it now that I runnin a 3k, but I think for daily my 250 was th best LOL, it hammered

Been out of the game for a long time, finally got around to putting something in my Tahoe after 1 1/2 years of having a stock CD player.

Looking forward to learning what's new from everyone here at SSA!

Yah, the electrical question is a weird one. My friend had 2 Sony Xplod 12" subs and a Sony Xplod "800" watt amp, and his lights dimmed like CRAZY. People would have suggested a big 3, and a battery for him. I helped him upgrade, and he got a Sundown 1000D, and a Phoenix gold 80.4, and has no dimming what so ever, on the exact same electrical. No clue what it was, we did the install ourselves and used 1/0, and no dimming at all, even at max. So I don't know...I'd just put the amp in, listen to it how you like to listen to it, and see what happens, you might not need anything.

yeah long time ago thats how my first system was with a sony amp, then i got a slash series JL made a world of difference.