Sign in to follow this  
gerront

Does this program work?

ok to make the drawing on sketchup a picture i press print screen on my keyboard when i get it at the right angle(makes it take a picture) then i open up paint press control+V and save it as a jpg

faqctoring in wood thickness of .75" all around and the fact that it doesn't look like you used any of the wall as part of the port, displacement is about 1.3 cubes on the port i would say if you had 12 cubes before and it was tuned to 35 with that in mind, this would put you around 38-39 as previously mentioned. if anything it should appear louder on the meter. if it really doesn't seem right to you i would look into other factors like impedance rise and power compression

Robclay thanks for tellin me how to do this but when i hit function and print screen...it does nothing? im on vista....so? any other way to turn this into a picture.....

yes when you hit print screen you wont see anything. just go to paint hold down control and then press V and the picture will pop up of when you pressed print screen

Manbeer you may be right....sounds like your on track with my dilemma....when i play test tones through my system tracks 43-51 are the loudest tracks...you can "hear" the bass....but anything below that isnt very loud at all but shakes the piss out of everything?

Thankd Rob ..."you da man" picture will post shortly

Manbeer you may be right....sounds like your on track with my dilemma....when i play test tones through my system tracks 43-51 are the loudest tracks...you can "hear" the bass....but anything below that isnt very loud at all but shakes the piss out of everything?

you should go to the comp anyway and see what you meter and at what frequency. it will be helpful

I guess your right.....ill just go for it and see what it does i guess.....i just dont want to be rediculed.......o well i guess thats part of it....

if it's for your future benefit than that is more important. go, see how it does, post up the score and what frequency you are peaking at, and go from there.

take some pics of some stuff up there ;) if you can.

Well its just that from where im from car stereo competitions and spl meters are few and far between...i always have to drive way outta town to attend anything!!! So when we do have one its a big deal...but yeah you are right...it will benefit me in the long run....

Ported boxes are almost always loudest 5-10 hz above tuning. So your being loudest at 50 hz with a box tuned to 36-40 is not surprising at all. Plus most vehicles are just naturally loudest at around 45-50 hz anyways.

and btw, your box is 11 cubes tuned to 40 hz after factoring in port displacement. So the fact that your box is severely undersized for four of those 15s and also with a high tune is what is making it sound like crap.

To tune to 36 hz, lengthen your port to 22". That'll also drop your box volume to 10 cubic feet.

here's your frequency response graph. Now you know why you're loudest at 50 hz, and why it sounds like poop.

med_gallery_364_193_7762.jpg

O ok thank you KU40....i like the fact that you did actual research just for me!!! I really really appreciate it......about the port length....you say make it 22" long....can i L shape the port to the left and to right

_| |_ kinda like that?

And about the speaker comp........it was a disaster....i drove an 1 15mins up there for nothing!!!! the idiots crashed the f'n laptop at 10am and said they couldnt get it running without another laptop...somebody left and came back over 2 hours later with another one....and you guessed it,...the moron crashed it too......So basically i sat there from 9:30 to 5 something and never got to see what my stereo was doing...so with that being said....anybody got a meter around alexander city alabama?

I guess I should have qualified my suggestion of 22" long port in that box by saying to not do it. It's not going to make it sound any better. That will give each sub only 2.5 cubic feet, and that's too small for those subs. The frequency response for that enclosure would be nearly identical to the one I graphed above.

You need to either build a larger box that will give those subs sufficient airspace for a ported application, or build a smaller box and seal it for those four subs. Or just live with that peaky response that doesn't go low at all. The fact is that you just built the wrong box from the start.

Yeah i was pretty pissed off...but i still got a few pics of sum cars...but go figure my wife didnt recharge the digital camera so it went dead real quick.....ill post what i got on here later....

KU40...i know my box isnt big enough....but it is all i could do to get what i got? I guess i just wasted a massive about of money......just wish there was something else i could do?? Trial and error i guess....

I could just start a new build with 2 18"s??? and wall off my explorer with the Fi"s....OMG here i go

Easier said than done......in the words of DJ from Hustle and Flow..."Im tryin' to squeeze a dolla outta dime....and i aint got a cent".

Be kinda hard to move but ill see what i can do.....may just leave it be and just start going crazy with my explorer....it got a 200 amp alternator anyways and the backseat is already gone.....its got 8 kicker comp 12s and a zx2500.1....last time it was metered was with the termlab and they had the meter at the headrest? and it was doing a 146.6dB....not to bad i didnt think....maybe 8 fi ssds and 2 2500.1 amps would do the trick....lol here i go again the neurons are firing......

Why don't you just build a sealed box? Save a lot of money and it'll still be very loud. Don't go broke over audio equipment, that's about the dumbest thing to do.