manbeer

what kind of wire is this?

Some of this was leftover in a subwoofer enclosure that came as part of my interior swap. 4 pairs of wire probably about 18 gauge braided, no outer jacket. i was wondering if it is something they did by hand at the shop or if i can buy a roll?

DSCF0898.jpg

DSCF0906.jpg

DSCF0900.jpg

i cant say off hand but u can buy em like that.

I havent checked but i think kicker and knukonceptz has some like that.

i cant really tell in the pics.......

but i know when i do wiring sometimes ill take a few cuts and put one in in my drill and the other end under my foot and hit the drill and spin the wire up tight togather

yeah, i've seen them twisted before, but never 4 pairs in one, and never without an outer jacket... although i guess that could have been removed, but why?

they were all hardcore european guys, so i wouldn't be surprised if they had one guy just sitting for hours doing this cause it was a show car, but if that were the case i would imagine that they would not have went all the way into areas nobody sees

i cant really tell in the pics.......

but i know when i do wiring sometimes ill take a few cuts and put one in in my drill and the other end under my foot and hit the drill and spin the wire up tight togather

yeah the pics suck, i do the drill thing too but on further inspection this looks like the real deal hand braided. it's really nice, even though it is thin. i would definitely buy some and do something with it, maybe make some nice rca's or something. i dunno...i just want it- if i can find it i 16 gauge maybe i'd run mids and tweets on it

Edited by manbeer

We have wire like that at the shop, but it is 2 12 gauge wired braided together with another "dead" wire.

yeah this is 8 wires total

I sure as hell don't want to braid 8 wires together!

thats what i'm saying! i think it was these crazy russian dudes, i'm having dinner with my mom and asked her cause i figured girls would know about braiding things and she thinks it was done by machine

I was gonna guess either tsunami or Iconnects... it looks braided not just wound, other wise the easiest was is as said, spin it with a drill!

Could be older Kimber TC series. I can't tell from the picture.

Does it look like this-

http://www.kimber.com/Products/LoudSpeaker...es/4PR/4PR.aspx

I have been using Kimber for 20 years. If that is what it is, don't waste it on your car stereo, sell it on Audiogon or ebay and buy something else with the money.

We have looms of this:

1110081640.jpg

It looks like this:

1110081638.jpg

Positive, Negative, and a dead wire. All 12 Gauge

1110081639.jpg