Mathman

8" sub, need some help

What is a really good 8" sub whose depth is between 5.25" and 5 7/8".....enclosure will be .6 cu per sub. I will be running 2 of them and already have a 1k watts amp, so if they can handle 500 watts each that would be fantastic.

The Soundsplinter RL-i 8 is around that size, a little taller.

It'll handle 500w, but it doesn't need that much. It wants around .5^3ft sealed.

yeah, i will probably end up going with that one and just dropping the gains on the amp a little until i can fully set the gains to avoid blowing them....at this point i am thinking of trying to build my own box and trying to make it ported, not to sure yet.

All three great companies and good subs, just have to go by your budget now.

I heard some great things about both the AA and DD subs....I just cant find seem to find either one of those....and what ever happened to the 8" Sundown, I thought they made some (or am I just smokin crack?).

PS....no budget

Edited by Mathman

i have a kicker l7 8 in .5 cu in my middle console on a vr1000d. but since its a dual 4 its on 500w at 2ohms

IMG_5137.jpg

IMG_5136.jpg

_MG_5173.jpg

_MG_5186.jpg

lol wow that l7 is so stealth!

Anyone know which can get louder/handle more power when comparing the dd 1508 to to ss rli-8? I dont know any other beefy 8's between 150-175, and I cant tell which can handle more/get louder

There are sundown 8's, they are on presale right now on the sundown manufacturer page. rated 200 rms 4.25 depth. I'm waitin for 4 of them

i used to have an L5 8 and it was good in the right box.

im waiting for a few e8's my self..... i did not bring it up as you stated you were wanting a 500 watt 8 inch...

i currently run a 8 inch kicker cvr, it sounds great in my tow truck

i have a kicker l7 8 in .5 cu in my middle console on a vr1000d. but since its a dual 4 its on 500w at 2ohms

IMG_5137.jpg

IMG_5136.jpg

_MG_5173.jpg

_MG_5186.jpg

waht kind of vehicle

this is going is truckaudiomans new F-150, he is in the hospital so I am trying to help him out....turns out he had some unseen injuries and may have to undergo a surgery or two, sooooooo I am trying to hook my boy up and get him situated before he comes out. I think his wife may be droppin off his laptop soon, so he may be getting on and off of here....ANYWHO, yeah, it is going in a F150 Supercrew.

What impedance does the amp do 1kw into?

The Dayton Reference 8s are on sale at Parts Express right now for $80 each with free shipping. A pair would present the amp with a 2 ohm load and its power at 2 ohms should be about right for the pair.

Honestly, I have been doing some 8th time measurements under the seat...and I beleive with a 2.5" seat raiser I could probably even fit a couple 12" Q's in there. Gotta check how many cubes I can get per 12, but I think it will work....I do need to go over it one or two more times...I know the 10" Q's will fit, so I may not need to worry about using a 8.

Note: Truckaudioman is doing pretty good. He is going through hopefully his last surgery today. Fun Times, Fun Times.....he is not a happy camper right now.

waht kind of vehicle

Looks to be a 90's suburban.... Identical to my 99 suburban consol...

How would you raise a seat? Can you post pics of what is needed to raise seats? I need to do it too but dunno how...

My guess is that its a GMC or Chevy extended cab. 99-02 model that had that center console sub in the pics.

check out supercrewsound.com, they sell some seat risers on that website....its like $150 and raises it like 2.5".....reason I kinda want to avoid this is that it makes the seat to where it will no longer fold....something I really dont want.

waht kind of vehicle

Looks to be a 90's suburban.... Identical to my 99 suburban consol...

Close, I know it's a Tahoe but I forget what year.

Did you look at the Sound Splinter Orphan 8's? Similar to the RL-i 8 and they are priced nicely.