Aaron Clinton

Acendant Audio vs TC 2+ review

ummmm..wow

i honestly don't know how to put into words what i'm thinking..

i didn't read all of it..but i what i got from what i read is this..

application dependent...lol...and graphs and charts don't make the world go around.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

That TC2+ has slightly different specs than the soundsplinter premium one. I wonder what would have been the conclusion if they used one of those instead

tlm that link was posted in the thread I posted silly goose,

anyway I am a little anti-ECA anyway, but BG I thought the RL-i was the TC2+

I believed the RL-i was the TC2+, and the RL-p was the standard TC9.

could be wrong, though...

You're right, i got a bit mixed up. sorry bout that.

I was not sure, because I know there are different versions of the same driver going out by different end companies

the rl-i is a carbon copy tc2+, ie: an exact duplicate

teh rl-p is based off the tc9..mike had tc tweak some of it for him.

xbl^2 drivers are nice, but i think the bandwagon might be shifting back towards underhung motors...(is that the correct terminology??)

better efficiency, very comparable sound quality in real world apps and can run with them in spl as well...

hmmmmmm

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I was not sure, because I know there are different versions of the same driver going out by different end companies

I forget what TC prototype the Stryke Audio AV12/15's are based off of, believe they're TC9 variants but I very well could be wrong about that.

xbl^2 drivers are nice, but i think the bandwagon might be shifting back towards underhung motors...(is that the correct terminology??)

better efficiency, very comparable sound quality in real world apps and can run with them in spl as well...

hmmmmmm

Well, like they said in the ECA post, XBL^2 is still a new technology compared to the standard underhung motors. I think as technology improves, we will see more and more gains from using XBL^2. I don't think there is a bandwagon when it comes to that.

hmmmmmm

Well, like they said in the ECA post, XBL^2 is still a new technology compared to the standard underhung motors. I think as technology improves, we will see more and more gains from using XBL^2. I don't think there is a bandwagon when it comes to that.

maybe not the technology..as just a handful of companies use it.

but as the technology sits right now, i think it's overrated. a properly designed underhung sub hangs with it in spl and in the subjective world of sq. how they do on a rta or o-scope, i have no idea. but in real world, i'll take the underhung.

will this change? possibly. like u said, xbl^2 is what? 3 years old? maybe a lil older. maybe it will it will get better. maybe the new LMT technology is already better..who knows?

people are so stuck on the brand of sub, they forget it's the enclosure that will make or break it. regardless of technology.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I will take the underhung motor

(read Crystal COMPx2)