Sign in to follow this  
B7L|BL4Z3R

btl or bl

just trying to get some advice from people with experiance would a 12 btl be louder than a 15 bl? thanks for input

Bad question. Same amount of power going to each ? What kind of enclosure?

not again......

this question is subject to alot of things..... box size power rating what its in... on and on and on and on.

yeah figured i didnt put enough info umm, custom enclosure to wahtever needed and probably an amp around 300 or so havent looked much

Hard to tell, but I would have to say: In optimum enclosures, with the same power the 15" would get louder. BUT that is based solely off speculation.

What amp planned, and what goals if there is anything other then just being loud.

Id research a little more about what it takes to get a BL and a BTL in a quality setup before making guesses at what you'll need. You may find out that it will take a lot more than you think.

o shit... your question is about sq?

Even if its in a good enclosure, would a btl be the better choice for sound quality? hmmm

Edited by blue fury

o chit... your question is about sq?

LOL. Honestly, to further what Jon is saying. You REALLY need to state your goals here. This isn't going to get anywhere without you telling us your goals and listening preferences.

ok.. let me try to re do this, a fridn of mind would like to get fi, and he was wondering what he hsould purchase a 12btl or a 15bl what would be louder with good sq

Although I really enjoy how the Bl sounds, it isn't a sq woofer by any means. I don't think you are really looking for a sq setup though.

ok.. let me try to re do this, a fridn of mind would like to get fi, and he was wondering what he hsould purchase a 12btl or a 15bl what would be louder with good sq

Define 'sound quality,' please.

he asid he wants something thats loud to where people are like dang but still sounds good

SQ- clean crisp

Edited by stuartgoodenough

well watt for watt the btl SHOULD be better... the BL is in no way a sq sub IMO.... i like the sound of a bl... but again... imo it is not a sq sub

What does he have to compare 'loud' to? Loud is also subjective. Some people will say anything under 150Db's isn't loud. Whereas some people will say anything over 115 is loud.

Why does it have to be between a 12BTL and a 15BL. He could go with a 15" BTL

money i guess i told him to go with a 15bl and hes like well wouldnt a 12btl be better becuse it can handle more and he assid they are abou the same price.... and for the record i didnt really look at the price just kinda assumed he was right

money i guess i told him to go with a 15bl and hes like well wouldnt a 12btl be better becuse it can handle more and he assid they are abou the same price.... and for the record i didnt really look at the price just kinda assumed he was right

If he wants to get loud while still having good sq just get a loaded Q and a 1200 watt amp.

:bigclap:

Does he have an amp yet?

no he said around around 300 for an amp so i am going to tell him to purchase the sundown 1200

I can't say that I have experience with either, but I know that the new BTL's can handle some serious power, with the right options. Keep in mind this is a CRX fart setup, but I know of a guy that burps two 15" BTL's off 4 American Bass 500.1's. I would think that the BL should be much louder with lower power (2.5kWish and below), while the BTL will excel with high power levels. If anyone has more experience, please correct me.

Sign in to follow this