jumpinbean23

btl box ideas

ok so heres the deal. I currently have a 12" btl in a 2.25 @ 32 enclosure being run off a crunch gp3000pro. It is loud don't get me wrong, but of course I am always looking for a little more. So I am thinking of building a new enclosure for it and I am just looking for ideas. Thought about tuning to around 35, but not sure if it would be worth it or not. This is the first single sub set up I have had so maybe I am just setting my expectations to high, i dunno. I figure I might as well try a new enclosure before I jump into a whole new set up, so any suggestions are welcome!

if by more you mean louder but still musical...ish :doit:

maybe make the nex bow a little bigger too btl's like to breathe lots

Edited by fiq15pwnsnoobs

How much port do you have?

You should have like 36 square inches of port.

And like he said up there go with a bigger box for more breathing room.

edit: try a 3cuft box with 48 square inches of port.

Edited by ShaneSauce

Honestly I am not really expecting the greatest sq out of the set up. The box right now has around 34 square inches of port. It was meant for an icon, so obviously the specs aren't quite where I want them, but it was in was in the recommended range so I thought I would try it out. I almost made a 3 cube box before, but I was worried it might be to big.

Thanks for the input guys it should help get me by for a little while longer until I am left wanting more again :D

i got 1 12L7 in a 3.77^3 inclosure tuned to 37 hz so i think that you should try a box a bout 3.5 cubes tuned to 35 or 36hz.

oh yeah i'm using a 4" PSP areo port.