Ok so I tried using the search engine (not working for me). But what is the specific duty of the gain on the amp? How should I adjust it? I heard I am supposed to match the volts with my head unit preout volts? I bump the system daily. Also if you need more info on my setup its in my sig.

Gain increases preamp voltage.

all i heard is to not have it full....should be atleast half...hope this helps

Yea I heard its set to atleast, or no more than half? Any info on the Subsonic?

what kind of amp do you have?..what you running it to?

what kind of amp do you have?..what you running it to?

check the signature

i see you have a hifonics mono amp...well try adjusting it by highering the volume on the headunit...go by that until you hear that the woofa or amp is good and loud enough for you...

you get what im saying bro?

yeah i tuned it earlier. Just dont get what the subsonic does, or the Phase. I was told to set the Phase to 150 though

that just changes the way it sounds i think...does it have like a switch on the amp to full or etc?...just try changing the switch and youl see the diffrence...but im not sure thoug..

Subsonic filter is set so that your sub doesnt play too low where it would bottom out below the tuning frequency in a ported/vented enclosure.

Edited by Jason907

You cannot generalize like this. Every amp and head unit combination will yield a different gain setting. The gain is set to match the head unit's voltage. That's it. If you have a head unit that puts out 6 volts and your amp's gain goes from 0.5-6 volts, you'll need to have the gain completely down. If the head unit puts out .5 volts, you may need to have it all the way up.

Setting the phase to 150 is also generalized, and 99% of the time will be incorrect. You set the phase of the sub to match the interior speakers and what sounds best. Every vehicle will be different in its acoustics, as will every sub/box combo and interior speaker relationships. It doesn't matter if you have two subs, they will always be in phase with each other as long as you wired them correctly, and they should be. If you wire one out of phase with the other in the same box, it won't work. It's just like switching polarity on interior speakers to get them to sound right with each other.

Subsonic filter is set so that your sub doesnt play too low where it would bottom out below the tuning frequency in a ported/vented enclosure.

Make sure this is set right or you risk screwing your subs up.

You cannot generalize like this. Every amp and head unit combination will yield a different gain setting. The gain is set to match the head unit's voltage. That's it. If you have a head unit that puts out 6 volts and your amp's gain goes from 0.5-6 volts, you'll need to have the gain completely down. If the head unit puts out .5 volts, you may need to have it all the way up.

Setting the phase to 150 is also generalized, and 99% of the time will be incorrect. You set the phase of the sub to match the interior speakers and what sounds best. Every vehicle will be different in its acoustics, as will every sub/box combo and interior speaker relationships. It doesn't matter if you have two subs, they will always be in phase with each other as long as you wired them correctly, and they should be. If you wire one out of phase with the other in the same box, it won't work. It's just like switching polarity on interior speakers to get them to sound right with each other.

thanks for clearing this up for me.