Sign in to follow this  
mclarengts

RF-p3 or RE-se

so my girl is about to get her first system, and the shop here has the Rockford Fosgate P3 and the RE SE equally priced. She wants the 12s but neither she nor I know which one is the better sub I think the RE SE's but the installer seems to think the Rockfords are better, I told her to get 2 FI BLs but hey whatever, what do you guys think would be the better subs to get, and just because, how would the FI BLs fit in al of this????

Thanks

Goals? Budget? Type of music?

EDIT: Amp(s)?

Edited by abxx

Goal = LOUD!!!!

Budget = 1k for subs box amp wires install-everything except headunit

Music = Hip Hop and R&B

She was looking at the Fosgate T1000bd its 539 at the local shop. I dont think the BLs will be in the budget, but I was just curious on how much better the BLs are over the fosgate P3 and RE SE, because I will be adding my second BL 15 soon....

I saw a T1000bd for $230 on eBay lol

theres no real answer if BLs are "better"

what kind of vehicle are we talking about? Personally I would go with the RE SE because I had one before, and liked the SQ, and it still got pretty loud...but thats all install dependent.

can you install it your self?

can you make an enclosure?

I saw on eBay 2 12" RE SE's for $289 and they handle 600W rms each (1200W rms) so you should get an amp that does 1200W rms...hmmm sounds like you should get a Sundown Audio SAE-1200D ($350) which does 1200@1 Ohm wich would be perfect for Dual 4 coils wired parallel for a 1 Ohm final load on the SE's

SO...with 1000 dollars, 300 for 2 drivers, 350 for amp, 50 for MDF and items...you are left with 400 to play around with or you can buy a custom Fisher Customs enclosure.

Edited by Jason907

I saw a T1000bd for $230 on eBay lol

theres no real answer if BLs are "better"

what kind of vehicle are we talking about? Personally I would go with the RE SE because I had one before, and liked the SQ, and it still got pretty loud...but thats all install dependent.

can you install it your self?

can you make an enclosure?

I saw on eBay 2 12" RE SE's for $289 and they handle 600W rms each (1200W rms) so you should get an amp that does 1200W rms...hmmm sounds like you should get a Sundown Audio SAE-1200D ($350) which does 1200@1 Ohm wich would be perfect for Dual 4 coils wired parallel for a 1 Ohm final load on the SE's

SO...with 1000 dollars, 300 for 2 drivers, 350 for amp, 50 for MDF and items...you are left with 400 to play around with or you can buy a custom Fisher Customs enclosure.

that sounds like the best deal to me

No we can do any of the installing, i dont know much about installing

You "can" or "can't"??

We are here to help...installing is pretty much just labor if you think about it. you dont have any friends that know how?

Edited by Jason907

I vote SE12 over the P3.... My single SE 12 in 1.5cubes tuned 35hz sounded great and got pretty loud. also those woofers can take some serious abuse..

I've retired the woofer but still test with it.. I ran 1700 rms to it for street beating when it was new and have never had an issue.. I got the woofer back in 04 and it still works great-(other than the inner dustcap came loose on a 5k burp)

id would be a better deal if you were comparing a T1 vs. a Se. but in this case i would go with the se

Sign in to follow this