Supa_c

Where to buy 3" Aeroports ??

Where is a cheap place to get some 3" Aeroports ?

I saw them for $13.88 on this site, just wondering if there are any places that are cheaper. Its gonna be about $35 shipped for 2, which isnt the most appealing thing ever

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=268-350

http://www.adireaudio.com/Merchant2/mercha...egory_Code=5000

www.madisound.com has them for $12/piece.

Do you need 3"? I have a set of 4" flared 12" long you can have if you can use them. Would need a pretty large enclosure for a lower tune, but they'd work. Had them in my last Tempest enclosure.

Already looked at PP ports.

I dont think Adire has them F/S, its not in the store

id like to do dual 3's ( more port area) but just 1 4" would work as well

Its for the SE15 enclosure. 2ft^3 NET

Its 9"Dx17"Hx29"W

1 4" will not be enough. Definate port noise. Vent mach was around 48m/s. You ideally want 17m/s or below. Mine would help you none, unlees you want a 48Hz tune.

Well, i thought of an idea how to make the 90deg turn i need for the port not to hit the back wall and get the lendth i need

Make a 45deg cut in the tube, take all the chunk off the edges, then glue them back at a 90 deg angle.

Do you guys think that would work ?

Well, i thought of an idea how to make the 90deg turn i need for the port not to hit the back wall and get the lendth i need

Make a 45deg cut in the tube, take all the chunk off the edges, then glue them back at a 90 deg angle.

Do you guys think that would work ?

it will work, but it'd be much easier to use a 90* elbow. seriously.

Not to mention that with enough output / vibration, that 'joint' you're making could easily fall apart.

But it works in theory.

gonna cost a few samoleons for 2 90* elbows

around the neighbourhood of $20

gonna cost a few samoleons for 2 90* elbows

around the neighbourhood of $20

also going to affect sq and spl having a bend in the pipe either way you bend it. why don't you like precision ports? I like them better than RF/LA aeroports B)

why no 48hz tune :P I tuned a box to 55hz with two 4" aeroports so I could get the port area lol. My box in the car now is tuned to 42hz. Gets low enuff to set off car alarms at 100ft there's an MT 18" in there and I know SE should peak lower. 2ft^3 sounds smallish too. My port is about 1ft^3 lol I have over $200 in aeroports just sitting and I'm using a slot port since I could get more length on the slot. so more area still tuned decently low 42hz ain't too bad lol. you can do trick to slot ports to have them sound nice too. round them and split pvc in half and screw it to the end like an aeroport...

My other box has 4 4" aeroports tuned to 28hz, that one just keeps poping out/cracking aeroports lmao. Doesn't get too much lower than the 42hz box either. But then again my subs fs is around 50hz and I listen to music not 25hz tones. Listen to some 30hz tones at about the volume you listen to low bass music and see if it drops that low. Chances are the music isn't dropping as low as you think ie 25hz unless your talking bass mekanik or some other bass type music. I listen to late nite tip, lil scrappy and actually did a 149.3 on the spl190 playing bass mekanik quad maximus track 07, without hearing any problems with the sub in 6.23ft^3 with 106in^2 port tuned to 42hz. But I also played it full tilt freeair off the colossus with no probs so the MT might have a wider playing field so to speak.

I think the SE will sound good tuned to higher 30's probably I like to think of it as I'm only tuned 7hz away from 35hz lol. seriously though it drops lower that I thought it would. peaks nice too up higher where I like to mic it, closer to the res freq of the car.

it'll be louder with a larger box and more port for the low bass though. imo best of luck whatever you come up with :)

I got PP ports, 2 3" ones off of parts express.

Not tuning high, im not a fan of SPL.

Its also not a SPL system, just a nice blend of SQL here :)