Sign in to follow this  
mclarengts

Amp for 2 BLs

I guess my original post got lost, but was looking for some help with my choice of amps. I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima, and I have one BL 15 now and I want to get another one. So for 2 BLs I know I will have to upgrade my amp. I dont have a HO Alt, so the SAZ 3000 would be out of the picture (right now anyway) how would a SAZ1500D push 2 BL 15s? what other amps do you recommend? All name brands are welcome. Also how much do HO Alts usually run?

Thanks

Oh I forgot this would be for Daily Bumpin, but I still want to be able to blow the trunk off if nessesary and I might get the HO Alt at the same time depending on the cost..

ROCKFORD FOSGATE,CRUNCH,HIFONICS,MEMPHIS,AMERICAN BASS 500.1...hope this helps brotha...

Edited by MTX520

To properly power an amp that powers the BL's you will need an electrical upgrade.

With that said I'd look into Sundowns SAZ-2000d when it comes out. (I think soon.)

others to look into RF 2000d, Kicker ZX2500D, Crunch GP3000D.

All those should do fine with upgraded electrical.

you could run a 3000D, do the big 3 and get a powermaster D3100 in the back. youll probably get some dimming but it will run fine

yea keep in mind that too...upgrade the electrical....BIG III, maybe some extra battery's...and ull be good...

you could run a 3000D, do the big 3 and get a powermaster D3100 in the back. youll probably get some dimming but it will run fine

wow do i really need that big of a battery?

look through threads on this forum, ive seen people say it a couple times

you dont HAVE to have a h.o alt to run a 3000D but some 1/0,big 3, and a battery or couple batteries would do fine

it will still draw alot of power whether you go with 2 1500's or a 3000d

just go a lil by lil with everything bro....first upgrade electrical because without that your gonna be dimming lights ALOT trust me...or have major voltage drops and might cause to blow the amp or fry it...then get stuff you need for the woofas....amps etc....

you dont HAVE to have a h.o alt to run a 3000D but some 1/0,big 3, and a battery or couple batteries would do fine

You cant expect to pull 250+ amps from batteries alone, how are you going to recharge them? Stock alternators are not made for a lot of added on accessories, meaning they can run everything your car came with stock and not to much more.

yeah thats true.. are there any powerful amps that dont draw a lot of power?

sorry to say this but i dont think so bro....to power those BL's your gonna need true watts and rms...not some dirty distorted amp that might damage your woofas...

sorry to say this but i dont think so bro....to power those BL's your gonna need true watts and rms...not some dirty distorted amp that might damage your woofas...

true true.. Guess ill start making phone calls tomorrow to get that Alt and start from there

true true.. Guess ill start making phone calls tomorrow to get that Alt and start from there

yeah...keep in mind your gonna need atleast 1/0 gauge wiring for almost everything..BIG III, for amp(s),ground(s),extra battery(s).....good luck with everything bro...keep us in touch!

Sign in to follow this