SoCalSQ

New Zed 4x100 Amp

I would assume it was a 4 ohm.

I don't know where this $600 price came from. Stephen said to more then a few people that the prices will be less due to the new design. Many people realized, most too late, that the most recent ZED amplifiers were outstanding for the price.

I have not heard anything recently. I might try to call him next week.

Thanks !

I have asked before and recieved information about the proposed amplifiers but nothing on the cosmetics...

I received this e-mail from Stephen yesterday concerning the new amp lineup.

The first of the new products to be released in early 2009 are:

1) Two channel amplifier rated at 250w/ch 4 ohm/500w/ch at 2 ohm. This amplifier shall be able to multi task. It will do the duties of a traditional 2 channel amp with HP and LP functions. In addition it will do what traditional mono block sub amps do.

It will have line outputs and also 4 inputs for constant subwoofer fading

It will be small and light and very efficient. A radically new power supply design is being employed in all our new amplifiers

2) A six (6) channel amplifier rated at 150w x 6 @ 4 ohm/ 300w x 6 @ 2 ohm. This will truly be a multi tasker as the options available will be really versatile. Full range, High pass, Low pass, band pass and sub modes are offered with the ability to have all channels as sub, 4 channels or just two.

So amplifier will do 150w x 2 flat, high pass or low pass (mono or stereo) on channels 1+2.

Channels 3 +4 will do the same with the addition of band pass.

Channels 5+6 will do full range or low pass (mono or stereo) with a variable subsonic crossover.

You can:

Run all channels in flat mode

Run ch's 1+2 high pass or flat and 3+4+5+6 in low pass

Run chs 1+2 high pass or flat, 3+4 high or band pass or flat and 5+6 low pass

Run all chs low pass

Channels 5+6 can have 2 or 4 RCA inputs

Channels 5+6 can have their Low pass crossover deleted when used with head units having built low pass crossovers.

Run all channels flat

Run all channels low pass

Pairs of channels are bridgeable for 600w 4 ohm operation for a total of 1,800w - many guys prefer to run their woofers from separate channels as it makes impedance mixing/matching easier.

Example you have THREE 4 ohm woofers. What do you do? Run them in parallel at 1.3 ohm = tough load for most amplifiers (Ever compared the sound of a nominal 1 ohm sub to that of a 4 or even 8 ohm sub - the 1 ohm sounds really bad!

Solution with this or the two channel amplifier. Run two woofers in parallel on one channel and the third on the second channel when using the 250w/ch amplifier OR simply do the same with the 6 channel amplifier with a bunch of channels to spare OR run each woofer on a pair of bridged channels with 600w to each woofer.

Need I say more the permutations or huge and with a little imagination one can accommodate almost every requirement with the 6 channel amplifier.

Do not forget this - mono block sub woofer amps are dumb! They can only do one thing and that is amplify low frequencies in mono.

A four channel 150w x 4 is being considered BUT will not be too much less in cost than the 6 channel.

Wow!!! I remember him telling me about a nutty 4 channel with these type of crossover network, but wow bumped it to a 6'er.

Everyone that wanted the Leviathan will kill for this. Guess I am going to have to start saving again. Damn this addiction.

I would go for one of each just for the heck of it.

I wonder if he will be puting out a 2 channel.

Hmmmm...

I wonder on the pricing......

Go Zed!

I'm definitely interested in the 150x6, but are these going to be full range class d amps or what? I just prefer AB to D even on subs, but especially on full range applications. This cracked me up:

What do you think of our idea of not having a mono block in the line up?

My thinking is as follows:

a) Mono blocks are dumb, they can only do one thing.

Stephen is a straight shooter. He really knows what he knows and does not sugar coat anything. :)

I am torn between one of these or a pair of Zuki's to power my front stage now. Wish this was staggered but in most applications it'll be better like this i guess. I'd just like to see like 2x250 and 4x100 or something

Any idea what pricing will look like and if it's a new heatsink design or going to use the ones from the last gen?

Any idea what pricing will look like and if it's a new heatsink design or going to use the ones from the last gen?

No idea on the heatsink but I was told by the master blaster himself that the pricing for the 6 channel is UNDER $600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :captain:

One amp 2way+ or just add a little tweeter amp and have the whole shi-bang. If whatever car I buy can have a real stereo I might sell off everything else that I have to go with one :)

Looks like some updates on www.zedaudiocorp.com

6 channel can be 2 way active and sub, all in one amp. 150x6 as previously discussed. and then a 250x2 or 1000x1 amp. :)

Sweet! I was just thinking I have a few hundred $$'s that are burning a hole in my pocket.

Edited by hispls

Any word on Burr Brown upgrades on the new lineup? Hispls.....I remember you saying at CS that their was rumored to be a tube option as well?