Duran

SPL S3 Vs. Nightshade

Does he have any plans to upgrade is electrical? 3200 watts won't sit well on stock. haha

Does he have any plans to upgrade is electrical? 3200 watts won't sit well on stock. haha

I told him he will need too, but he doesn't have anything set in stone.

I need to finish my front stage, my tweeter sails are still not done, damn cold weather. If it warms up somewhat I will finish the sails and assemble my back seat and finally mount my SAX-100.4. I got some glass matte and bodyfiller to finish up the last little bit.

The "friend" is getting a Power Acoustik BAMF5500D

wow

GREAT CHOICE ON AMP!! :lol: im guessing he thinks it puts out 5500 huh?

I highly doubt that amp will even produce 2000

I need to finish my front stage, my tweeter sails are still not done, damn cold weather. If it warms up somewhat I will finish the sails and assemble my back seat and finally mount my SAX-100.4. I got some glass matte and bodyfiller to finish up the last little bit.

The "friend" is getting a Power Acoustik BAMF5500D

wow

GREAT CHOICE ON AMP!! :lol: im guessing he thinks it puts out 5500 huh?

I highly doubt that amp will even produce 2000

It is rated for 3200 at 1 ohm.

It is rated for 3200 at 1 ohm.

Thats what they say..

They also say the s/n ratio is 100dB when its actually 62

What do you guys think?

Untitled.jpg

Thats what they say..

It won't matter for a sub amp. ;)

Thats what they say..

Point is they lie ;) they feed bs into the car audio world.

And that box design looks good.

Thats what they say..

Point is they lie ;) they feed bs into the car audio world.

And that box design looks good.

I knew what you were getting at, I was just putting it out there.

Well get that box built ;)

Im ready to see those nightshades in action.

One of my Intimidator's got here, its HUGE! I'm talking to Dylan from Fisher Customs about a design too :)

duran, by the looks of that pic, your ports are (or will be) inside the box. the total box volume (gross) assuming 3/4 mdf comes out to 3.5, and with the three 4" aero's, will tune to approx 35. if you take all that port displacement, along with sub displacement into account (net), the box will be quite tiny, and tuned a bunch higher. the ports are around .45 ft^3 i think, and the subs would be about .3 more, giving you a net of 2.75, and with those ports, that'll tune to around 40hz or so.

i THINK that's what i'm seeing. sorry if i got it wrong, or your ports will be outside the box (still need to take sub disp. into account to get the 1.75ft^3 for em)

just a heads up for you

duran, by the looks of that pic, your ports are (or will be) inside the box. the total box volume (gross) assuming 3/4 mdf comes out to 3.5, and with the three 4" aero's, will tune to approx 35. if you take all that port displacement, along with sub displacement into account (net), the box will be quite tiny, and tuned a bunch higher. the ports are around .45 ft^3 i think, and the subs would be about .3 more, giving you a net of 2.75, and with those ports, that'll tune to around 40hz or so.

i THINK that's what i'm seeing. sorry if i got it wrong, or your ports will be outside the box (still need to take sub disp. into account to get the 1.75ft^3 for em)

just a heads up for you

Jacob recommends a maximum of 1.5 cubes for these.

sorry, i thought it was 1.75. well, 2.75@40hz then. to get down to 35hz, ports would have to be around 27", but then box would also have to be increased, or you could just increase the box size to 3ft^3 w/ 24" ports i guess. sorry, just trying to make sure you get it done right the first time...

Xmax doesn't really mean squat on its own but SPL sucks either way.

True, but his driver is very misleading. The surround in it as wider, and also a high roll, but xmax is very limited by the spider. Another friend of mine was talking it up because it has a bigger surround than the 'shade.

So according to the people around here:

15's are louder than 12's

Large surrounds are louder than small

Wow I guess I don't stand a chance :lol:

You might as well give up now!!! haha

I had my two L7's..... DESTROYED by 2 Type R 12"s...... I was like O_O. even though i knew the guy and his work lol