the mange

730 watts - severe dimming - which of these batteries should i get?

I have one run of 4g to my 730wrms amp, with big three done in 4g, but I'm still dimming really badly. im almost positive its my batt, but i haven't tested my alt yet.. anyway, which of these batteries should i get (to replace stock batt):

kinetik hc 1400 - ah:60

amps: 1500

kinetik hc 800 -- ah:36

amps: 950

or something else that will hopefully solve my dimming problem? i dont know much about batts, any advice would really be appreciated. thanks to all.

Is this going to be your starting battery/only battery? Also, have you looked into Powermaster?

thats weird...i have 1000 watts and my lights dont dimm at all...but anyways you should try powermaster battery's

thats weird...i have 1000 watts and my lights dont dimm at all...but anyways you should try powermaster battery's

i get dimming off 800 but my batt is going out lol... time for a new one

i get dimming off 800 but my batt is going out lol... time for a new one

haha..WOW!..800?..sure do need a new batt..

id say go with a bigger alternator

Is this going to be your starting battery/only battery? Also, have you looked into Powermaster?

Yeah this will be my starting/only battery. my alt is 120a so i'd imagine it will get the job done with only 600 watts. how many amps do you think i should get in the new batt? and what does the ah rating mean? i like powermaster's prices btw thanks

Get your battery checked and replace it. I have 1000 watts in my car, with a (small) stock battery and a 90 amp alternator.

AH=Amp Hours

now that i think about it, would it make more sense to wire a second smaller battery that would just power the amp alone? i have plenty of cranking power, so should i just get another cell in the trunk? how many amps would i be looking at for a 600 rms amp?

now that i think about it, would it make more sense to wire a second smaller battery that would just power the amp alone? i have plenty of cranking power, so should i just get another cell in the trunk? how many amps would i be looking at for a 600 rms amp?

~60 amps. The more the better though.

:lifevest:/!\ NOOB ALERT /!\ :lifevest:

My lights dimmed. Got a capacitor! Stock electric... Idle is 14.9 volts and when running never drop below 14.5... Capacitor helped me a lot in my case. It isn't nearly the same w/o it. Took it out for a while and my voltage suffered... I'll get flamed for mentioning it, but it really worked for me and I got the voltage to prove it... :)

:lifevest:/!\ NOOB ALERT /!\ :lifevest:

huge ass cap^^

check the link i listed before. good battery cheap price. also with an alt that big even without a batt id dont think you should get dimming. i have a 140alt stock amp and a yellow top running 1200w and not a bit of dimming even at full tilt at idle. your alt is probably going or you have a bad wire in your charging system. if you dont properly charge a battery it will kill it so get it checked.