sandsnip3r

Hifonics Actual Output.....

Im asking Any and Everyone here to tell me what they think that the Hifonics BXI 2608D (rated at 2600Watts RMS) really puts out.....

thanks

That is a very difficult question to answer. It depends on your electrical, if you have a 10,000 watt amp and a 100 amp alternator with a small 100 amp battery you will not get close to 10,000 watts.

iv herd 2100ish but like duran said it all depends

On top of how stout your electrical is, it also depends on how much box rise you have during opperation. You may have a 1 ohm nominal load, but when the subs are played the reactive load may jump to 4ohms causing the amp not to make near rated power since it puts out max power at 1 ohm.

You won't see many, if any objective power measurements on this or any other car audio site. If anyone measures the power output while in a car and hooked up to a speaker, it is meaningless.

It puts out what it should for the price...

Around 14-26 watts IIRC...

Someone seriously should bench test Hifonics amps!!!!!

Edited by Jason907

Close enough to rated power that it really isn't that important and as much as pretty much any amplifier with a similar price tag.

"Ive heard" isnt a real answer though...

Close enough to rated power that it really isn't that important and as much as pretty much any amplifier with a similar price tag.

you get what you pay for.

you get what you pay for.

I cannot tell you how true that is.

William S. From Senatobia MS

I had this amp almost three days when it started smoking and then stopped playing. It was wired at 2ohms and it honestly sounded freakin awesome. I was very impressed. When I put my main power fuse back in, it starts smoking again. To the best of my knowledge the only thing that could have caused this would be that vibration shook something loose inside the amp. It was poundin'. But My buddy bought 2 Hifonics Titan 1500w amps from OCS and neither of them lasted more than 4 days. I am very disappointed.

Additionally, nobody knows what the "rated" power is of that amp, Hifonics doesn't list it. All they say is 2600 watts RMS. This doesn't mean anything. It could be rated at 10% THD for all we know, and in that case, it probably makes it's "rated" power.

Again, tough to say with this kind of amplifier and advertising...