Punkeyboozter

Punkey's Build Log

Ok Guys,

Its been going on for a while, but I though it was time to put up some pictures. Just to let you guys know I dont have my own garage and most things have been imported. The problem is good gear are either redicilously exspensive or not availeble at all.

First Ill start with my old setup then move on to the work in progress.

Here she is in my garage.

DSC.jpg

Below was how it was before. (no comments lol) It is far from perfect hence the change. It played fairly clean, and loud ..mind you it was a bit peaky though.

Dont mind the words in the window. The pic was taken of our local forum after one of the meetups

13.jpg

More pics coming soon...

Managed to get a good deal on SP so my frnd helped me out. He cant speak a word of english but he knows his chit. And he cuts the roundest circles with a jig that I have ever seen EVER..

DSC00018.jpg

doors getting prepped at the same place.

DSC00010.jpg

here I started ripping things out in no particilar order.

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

here is an old pic of the gear that was in the car

ICE003.jpg

an old VS new Pic

IMG_1462.jpg

more pics coming soon cos I've been skimping of work to get things done over the festive season.

Damn how i wish I had one of these

Thanks Ohio Gen and Guss for being the only people willing to help me from halfway around the word

IMG_1454.jpg

Fuses that cost more then any one in their right mind should pay.

IMG_15431.jpg

mandatory amp pic. Thanks Sundown Singapore as this is about the only item that didnt need importing.

IMG_1547.jpg

what batteries do you plan on running?

here we dont get much choice, they dont even do optima down here any more. I will probably run something like a EFX. the biggest I can fit under the hood and another one of the same size for the boot. They are rated around 100 Ah should be enough right>?

any-way here are some more pics.

DSC00016-1.jpg

Here is a mock up of the box. This pic was taken last weak so I have made some changes and adjustments. notice the size of the box compared to the Booot. ...That just meens one thing

IMG_1494.jpg

how many cu.ft.? and whats the tuning?

good luck with the build!!!

tuning will be 32 hz for the time being and about 4.2cbf after all displacement give or take. But you still dont know which subs mwhahaha

Nice, I think those old Lanzar's were the ZED built models. :)

Nice, I think those old Lanzar's were the ZED built models. :)

so I have heard. they sound really nice and puts out the power, my only problem is that the 2000D is rated at 2000RMS but only comes with 4 guage terminals, needless to say that I made the ends on the cable a little black. Sold it just last week to fund the current project.

Im keeping the 200x4 though

as mentioned before the box is too big and need to be partially build in the car which meens I have to spray it piece-piece, I have some can skill :)

IMG_1538.jpg

got these the other day OEM, not sure why but these things dont seem to last for me

IMG_0578.jpg

*@#$%@#$

IMG_1556.jpg

Little update,

After numerous test fits and lots of cursing, it turned out that I can actually put the box in the trunk but its a long and painfull process.

IMG_1558.jpg

how do you guys like my speaker terminals ....overkill sure; copper all-thread using size 12 nuts sweee

IMG_1560.jpg

sligtly off next to the port, but i think it turned out all right seeing that I build it in the trunk for a large part of it. FYI if it was 1mm bigger it wouldnt fit ...so im as happy as a pig in sh!t

She aint completely done yet but its getting close

IMG_1561.jpg

cables and accessories ordered..........check

subs ordered.........check How do you like $937.50 for 2 loaded BL's shipped?

Crazy I know, better be worth it, but that is the price you have to pay for living on a Island. Maybe this will give you an idea on the price of the other items.

still dont know if this is a good idea and might have to move it later

IMG_1630.jpg

here is she as it stands now. Just waiting for the subs to be delivered.

IMG_1632.jpg

Move teh amp................. or it WILL be gone.....

Just warning you man.. ;)

Edited by bassahaulic

Move teh amp................. or it WILL be gone.....

Just warning you man.. ;)

ya thx for the warning. actually the tint is pretty dark and at night you cant see it...during the day its covered up. I live in one of the safest places and arnt really too worried about the amp getting stolen. The law is very strict around here. What I am concerned about is the heat. Even thought the whole car is boiling when I park in the sun I am still worried about heat damage? will the heat actually harm the amp there?

Good looking setup so far. I really like the tweeter pods :)

Tint should help hiding the amp. I think it will suffer a bit from heat because it's more exposed to sunlight. Just be careful with it and it should handle it.

Thanks guys for the motivation and input.....but the more I think about it the more I want to move the amp; sure its nice and out of the way, cable runs are nice and short etc...but im really worried about the sun couldnt touch the amp today.

Now I know its not good to mount the amp on the box but what If I double sided-tape here down?? should be enough to absorb most of the damaging vibrasions I think?

What do u guys think?

Good looking setup so far. I really like the tweeter pods :)

Tint should help hiding the amp. I think it will suffer a bit from heat because it's more exposed to sunlight. Just be careful with it and it should handle it.

thanks, the guy that makes them do a really good job, but they come at a price. I can place you in contact with the creator should you so wish :)

Ok changed the the stock bat out for an Varta AGM ultra saw an idle voltage increase of .1-.2 volts. Dealership only had one so I will be picking up the second one later today.

Managed to do some cabling and installed one sub before it started raining. Those BL 12's are heavy buggers(certainly a two man job to install it when the sub is facing to the rear).

More pics to follow soon

!!! The end is near !!!