Sign in to follow this  
Dutchie.

This amp worth the price?

http://www.dealercostcaraudio.com/P1000.1.aspx

Crunch, isn't that the same brand as hifonics?

1 Channel operation

RMS Power @ 1 Ohm: 1000W x 1

RMS Power @ 2 Ohm: 500W x 1

RMS Power @ 4 Ohm: 250W x 1

Mono-Block A/B class amplifier topography

MOSFET outputs

Illuminated Crunch logo

PWM digital power supply

Fully adjustable crossovers, Hi-Pass and Low-Pass

Silver RCA line inputs & outputs - permit amplifier daisy-chaining

Silver power connections

for $149.00

Well you probably won't find anything in that price range that puts out that power (if it does). It comes with a 3 year warranty. So it's not a terrible deal. I would, as would most, advise you to spend more on your amp and get a quality product. There is a lot of good used stuff floating around out there.

Well you probably won't find anything in that price range that puts out that power (if it does). It comes with a 3 year warranty. So it's not a terrible deal. I would, as would most, advise you to spend more on your amp and get a quality product. There is a lot of good used stuff floating around out there.

What do you recommend?

that's a misprint on the website. crunch does not rate their amps with an rms rating, they use some weird dynamic output ratings. the only amp with a true rms rating that crunch makes is the gp3000d-pro. i think that amp makes ~500w @ 1ohm.

that's a misprint on the website. crunch does not rate their amps with an rms rating, they use some weird dynamic output ratings. the only amp with a true rms rating that crunch makes is the gp3000d-pro. i think that amp makes ~500w @ 1ohm.

Everywhere i have looked has that rms rating though, ebay and stores.

i know someone who went through this with maxxsonics. after several phone calls they scheduled a tech call. he spoke with a tech @ maxxsonics who finally admitted that they do not rate the amps with a rms power rating. look at the maxxsonics crunch website. the ratings there say nothing about rms output. feel free to buy one and clamp it for us though if you want to believe otherwise.

P 1000.1

1000W 1-Channel A/B Class Mono Amplifier

250W x 1-Ch @ 4-Ohms or

500W x 1-Ch @ 2-Ohms or

1000W x 1-Ch @ 1-Ohm Dynamic Music Watts

Includes Remote Mountable Bass Control

Edited by caligreen

The reality still holds though.

The only Crunch amp that has been independently tested to do rated power is the Ground Pounder 3000 series.

Okay, back to your question. What sub do you have?

Okay, back to your question. What sub do you have?

2 alpine type r's

yeah, forget about the crunch thing, im not wasting my money there, thank you for saving me everyone.

I'd Recommend A SAZ-1000D Or SAE-1200D, Those Type R's Can Take More Than 500 Watts Daily. And Sundown Is Synonomous With Best Quality. Glad You Decided Not To Buy ANY Maxxsonics Product. Now We'll Just Need To Break You From Alpine's Mainstream Audio Clutches One Day.