rmzsuzuki89

DP 21 Port

I heard that as a rule of thumb, the port area should be about half of what the cone area in the box is. Is this a correct statement? Just seems like a lot of port to me.

The box will be around 20 cubes after sub/port displacement, most likely a sub up port back setup. I will be using 2 DP 21"s on 4 JL 1000/1v2's in an 03 Expedition. Wanting to tune between 30 and 32 Hz.

240-320 sq. in.

i just got done building my box.my port 255sq in.should be good...a tad small but i had no choice

i just got done building my box.my port 255sq in.should be good...a tad small but i had no choice

It's in range you are fine :)

i hope you have serious electrical upgrades. those amps can be current hogs and are exspensive. if you havent bought them loog into something diffrent.

It's in range you are fine :)

yes but u wanted it to be bigger...

i hope you have serious electrical upgrades. those amps can be current hogs and are exspensive. if you havent bought them loog into something diffrent.

I have the electrical taken care of. And I have had the amps for a while, there what's installed now. And they're crazy expensive retail haha. I'm glad I got them from the shop that sponsored me before they went under.