Sign in to follow this  
wof131s

Which sub ;)

I have the space for both, the power for both,and the money for both. But which sub hits the hardest, has soild lows and has good sound quality. Is it the SSD 15 or the Q 15? someone please help me out. Thanks

How do you calculate displacement for a slot port?

Edited by wof131s

what kinda music?? sounds like that Q is what your looking for.

I like listening to rap and reggae music (am from the bahamas) , i have about 3.3 cuft of space and am going ported. Does this help any? If u say go with the Q, is there any big differnce with output in these two subs? Can u tell the difference if you keep everything the same and just swap out the subs?

Like with the JL brand of subs, both the w3v3 and the w6v2 has simuliar therminal handling, but if u just swap out the subs you can tell a huge diffence in output. Thanks guys.

What do ppl mean when they refer to the BIG THREE, and How do you calculate displacement for a slot port?

Edited by wof131s

with that much space i would look at a 12" btl personally.

I would but am putting these in a extended cab dodge dakota. I like to listen to my music loud but dont wanna go deaf.lol

Another question to the second one that i posted, what is BP power?

The SSD is a very good LSQ driver. A friend of mine has the 18" version and it has very good low end and can get very loud without alot of power.

Edited by OldSkool_08

The SSD is a very good LSQ driver. A friend of mine has the 18" version and it has very good low end and can get very loud without alot of power.

16) LOUD SOUND QUALITY is not a term that is allowed on this board. Use it and you will get warned. SQ & SPL are polar opposites so DO NOT say you want a mix of both.

ok thanks scott i mean danieln, your post cleared everything up for me!!!!!!!!!!! WTF can i have someone that knows what am talking about respond please. Thanks for your opinion oldskool 08, i know where yr coming from.

WTF can i have someone that knows what am talking about respond please.

talk shit like that will just get you iggnored.

16) LOUD SOUND QUALITY is not a term that is allowed on this board. Use it and you will get warned.

Sorry for stepping on your toes! I guess I know where not to step! :lol:

Edited by OldSkool_08

Wouldn't LSQ be a sub that can get loud and sound good at the same time?

I mean I understand that the Q is a sound quality woofer but it can also get loud and sound good doing it correct?

Generally, we don't like to use LSQ because people tend to confuse what they really want when they start using mixed terms.

bp is cooling, helps the thermal of the sub. ill take the q over the ssd, q is a cleaner sub hits harder down low and can take more power. ssd is a solid sub, sounds good and digs deep, and it gets loud.

Didnt know it was that personal on this site, but i guess i can cool it down if your feelings was hurt. Sorry Man

bp is cooling, helps the thermal of the sub.

Am planning on using the Hifonics BXi2008, would BP be necessary?

ok thanks man.

Another ? which amp would u recommend the Hifonics BXi2008D or the US Amps MD-3D?

I think what you are looking for is the Fi BL

The Fi BL don't get as loud as the BTL but, sound better. IMO

The Fi BL don't dig as deep as the Q but, they'r Louder.

( In the right install) They will beat the block down!!!

I hope this help!!

ok thanks man.

Another ? which amp would u recommend the Hifonics BXi2008D or the US Amps MD-3D?

that my friend...

you should do research on... in my opinion, i would stand by US Amps, because i have had VERY good output with their products.... but thats me. what impedience are you planning on running?

and i'm sorry, what sub?

Edited by danieln_88

I want to run 2 15 Q's dual 1 ohm, which 1 of the 2 amps would work best with these subs? I can get the Hifonics for about $280 and the US Amps for $400. Is the extra $120 worth it?

Edited by wof131s

I want to run 2 15 Q's dual 1 ohm, which 1 of the 2 amps would work best with these subs? I can get the Hifonics for about $280 and the US Amps for $400. Is the extra $120 worth it?

honestly, i don't know much about hifonics amps (except for what i have read on this site) but if you can get it for 280..... go for it

Edited by danieln_88

If you can save up for it, get the US Amps for sure. Then an optioned up BL would be a great match. :)

Sign in to follow this