Sign in to follow this  
jonbearsmt

my damn tv went out..

i have a zenith HD LCD projection tv...

lastnight i watched a movie no problems at all....

today i went to tuen it on.... when it should have been warming up my "bulb" light was flashing...

so i guess my bulb went out.

has anyone here ever replaced bulbs on a zenith?

Picture506.jpg

eh my bedroom ate the remote for my tv...............set it on my chair 2 nights ago.

now it is GONE

as for ur ? no clue man

if that's the same tv i had (is it a 52"?) i believe there's a couple steps. the bulb should be in a cartridge or tray you remove from the tv, then the bulb and connector has to be removed from that tray. you should be able to buy the bulb and connector, in which case you just unplug the old on and plug the new one in. if you get only the lamp you have to transfer the wiring harness from the old one as well. it should be pretty straight forward. unfortunately they aren't like the newer dlp lamps which come in a disposable plug and play cartridge but a pretty easy fix none the less.

I've replaced lamps on newer Samsung DLP's, never on old projection TV's though. I'd imagine its close to the same thing.

Something you should factor in though is the cost of the lamp if the TV is on the older side. May be more worth while to just buy a new TV.

the lamp is 200 from a online store.. and about 130 from ebay...

yes it is a 52 inch...

the bulbs i hve found have two wires coming from it.. and it looks like a plug and play but who knows....

caligreen.... how simple is it on a scale from 1-10?

i would love to buy a new tv!

i shopped lastnight. and found a few deals.

http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/992486889.html

http://austin.craigslist.org/ele/996606739.html 750 not 850

either way im a cheap fuck.

any reason for that... or do you just like three letters.

My buddy bought a 52" Panasonic plasma. I think it is right on par with my 46" Sony Bravia. Hard to tell the difference really, but you can. I don't think you can go wrong getting either. Would glare be an issue in your room?

for the price of that bulb i'd go for a new tv.

jon if you get a dlp you want a newer gen tv. that samsung has the 3 color wheel and if you're buying a tv that large having 1080p will make a visual difference. look for the mitsubishi 731 or 733 series, they have 6 color and 1080p with excellent pulldown processing for movies. pioneer plasmas are the best in the consumer market, you can't go wrong with one but 42 is a little small :P

one more thing, i would stay away from plasmas older than two years because they deteriorate over time. the best a plasma will ever look is the day you take it of the box, still if you can facilitate the proper viewing arrangement nothing tops a dlp for picture quality.

price reference: i paid $700 for a floor model and immediately had the lamp replaced under warranty.

check out circuit cities in your area, they're liquidating and will bargain for demo equipment.

Those pioneer elites are really nice tv's

i replaced the bulb my self... not very hard.. just had to be very carful not to touch the light...

i fired it up and WOW what a change from what the picture was 2 weeks ago

its like having a new tv.

my mitsu 65" needed a bulb and after it was changed looked better than it ever had, which was odd to me.

tv was a demo model so maybe it was dusty inside...IDK