Sign in to follow this  
thegr8cody

2 15's under window line vs 2 18's walled

well i got about 10 cubic ft under the window line so i figured thats good enough for 2 15's or i can wall it and get about 13 cubic ft which is good for a small box for 18's i've been looking and havent found anybody with 2 15's under the window line except for a guy that had to havoc 15's i believe off a kicker 2500.but im looking for a 150+ in the 30hz region and i also seen a guy that had 2 btl 18's off 2 saz 3000d's and pulled a nice hairtrick and can trick.its going in a sonoma so any help will be appreciated. not sure on amps yet but i know it'll be about 4000 - 6000 watts.i was looking at AQ but i dont think they'll get as low as i want i got a 9518 sounded good but just didnt hit the lows to good

I think you need to worry more about the install (box design, electrical, tuning etc.) then equipment choice or sub woofer size. There are people doing hair tricks with small systems, or set ups with well under the power you are thinking about.

I was doing hair tricks with 2 10's 2500 watts in a 4 door sedan...

I'm with denim, Box design/electrical should be your biggest concern.

with your volumes... is that gross volume?? remember woofers, ports, and bracing all take up air space..

**Might as well wall that little truck... the back will be usless anyway :D

Edited by rushnrun

i've already got all the electrical figured out. 220 amp alt a d1200 under the hood and 2 3100's in the back just need help on getting the subs figured out.10 cubic ft is gross volume under the wnidow line and 13.5 cubes is gross walled off

You only gained 3 cubes from window line to roof? I had 12+ under window line then almost 23 to roof.....

in a s-10 or sonoma?my box is 53w x 24t x 14d under the window line and the same thing but i gotta angle the sides in at the top about another 12inces up for a wall and i want it to still be pretty comfy ride

ok...

2, 15" , Incriminator DP's, sundown nightshades or BTL's

2, sundown 3000d's

= really f-ing loud.

or........with 10 cubes, you could do a DP 21" with two sundown 3000d's strapped, that be sweet and loud. well over 150db, and do it @ low Hz... yup that gets my vote.... hell, might do it myself 4 next build.