Owners1

Driving with a C-Pillar wall

So, I am going to be building a C-Pillar wall in my SUV soon and my brother has been arguing with me for days now saying its an accident waiting to happen. He thinks that its very dangerous to have a daily driver setup with a C-Pillar wall because it will obstruct blind spots and other things. Anyone with a third row wall have any opinion on this?

Of course it has blind spots, just something you have to live with if you wall your vehicle.

It does create a huge blind spot. So yes, it is dangerous. Something you'll have to weigh though.

dangerous? your putting a big thing of wood that blocks your back windows. Lol it wouldn't be dangerous, I would say just have to drive like your driving a box trunk or 18 wheeler.

hahaha I really don't see how their would be any turning blind spots though..the only blind spot that is obvious to me is not having a rear view mirror

Pay good attention to how your driving and to those around. Be extra careful and you will be fine. Not every car truck has back windows to see out of and they are fine.. its as dangerous as u make it.. but y a wall behind c pilar

if you are really Concerned mount a rear camera and screan and use this as your rear view (mirror) att leat then you know whats back there

Nothing dangerous about it... just loss of rearward vision.. Like mentioned before there are several vans and such that have no rear windows..

I can't wall a daily vehicle since I'm always looking in the mirror to see what's going on back there... plus I'd probably tag my house everyday coming out of the drive (it's a narrow drive)

Pay good attention to how your driving and to those around. Be extra careful and you will be fine. Not every car truck has back windows to see out of and they are fine.. its as dangerous as u make it.. but y a wall behind c pilar

It's going behind the c-pillar because there is no need to get rid of the entire truck when I am only doing 2 18s lol

plexi-glass enclosure ftw! haha

Ive been driving SUVs and vans with walls right behind the front seats for about 2 years now. Never had a single problem. You just get used to using your side mirrors and you know where traffic is at all times.

After a while you get used to it, and even when you drive a car WITH a rear view mirror, its just annoying and gets away. Even after I took the wall out of my Expedition, I put the rear view mirror back in. 2 days later, I took it back out.

Edited by galacticmonkey

get those add on rounded mirror to mount on your side mirrors and you're all set.

x2 those Concave mirrors they sell them at Wal-Mart... you can see dang near everything. Just remember when the car looks like it's 20 feet away in the mirror it's actually about right on your bumper :shrug: