panky

addtl options

it doesn't make sense, when i chose the p chamfer option it added $10 then i chose the cooling option too and it doesn't have a price. and there's a note that it i chose both p chamfer and cooling, uncheck the p chamfer because p chamfer is incuded in the package of the cooling.

in short, if i get both options, the p chamfer and the cooling, i will get it for free, but if i only get the p chamfer option, i need to pay addtl $10 for it.

can someone explain this for me, thanks.

i'm also planning on getting the universal option, my question is, if i get this option will there be any changes in the performance of the sub? or side effects?

The pole chamfer is a metal plug that goes in the pole vent to force air around the outside of the coil vs. the inside, cooling adda a pole chamfer and 6 axial cooling vents in the magnetic gap, also to force air around the coil. Cooling adds thermal power handling, so if this is for daily driving get full cooling. It is free because someone messed up on the website.

Universal simply means that any impedance coil can fit if it needs to be reconed. Without the universal option D1 ohm can only be reconed to a D1; but D 2 can be reconed to D1 because the gap is larger.

Buy now the free cooling on the BL was a promo awhile back and they havent updated the site since they ran it so it is still free. The universal option is an option on how tight they make the coil gap on a D1 ohm sub. Without the option the sub will always be a D1 sub you cant fit the D2 in the D1 gap. With the option they machine a D2 gap to it so you can get a D2 recone if you want to at a later time.

The pole chamfer is a metal plug that goes in the pole vent to force air around the outside of the coil vs. the inside, cooling adda a pole chamfer and 6 axial cooling vents in the magnetic gap, also to force air around the coil. Cooling adds thermal power handling, so if this is for daily driving get full cooling. It is free because someone messed up on the website.

Universal simply means that any impedance coil can fit if it needs to be reconed. Without the universal option D1 ohm can only be reconed to a D1; but D 2 can be reconed to D1 because the gap is larger.

your facts are off a bit :)

How so?

thanks, i have one more question. how will i know what i need, if its a d1 or a d2? i don't even know what a d1 or a d2 means. lol. thanks.

D1 = dual 1 ohm voice coil, you can wire it at either .5 or 2 ohms. D2 = Dual 2 ohm voice coil, you can wire it to either 1 or 4 ohms.

thanks, i have one more question. how will i know what i need, if its a d1 or a d2? i don't even know what a d1 or a d2 means. lol. thanks.

... how can u get into car audio(and buyin stuff) if u even dont know the basics ...?thcrazy.gif

thanks, but the specs of my sub are @ 1ohm, 2ohm,and 4ohm. is it posible that i can choose the .5ohm??

correct me if im wrong, i think the lesser the ohm the better right? because it produces more watts am i right? thanks.

tyan, that's why i keep on asking questions, because at the time when i bought my set up, i was in a hurry and didn't think, i just bought it and lost some money. i made a mistake back then. and now im planning to buy a bl and i want to make the best decision. my prob right now is that i dont know what to get. a d1 or a d2. but most probably i will take the d2. im just curious about the d1 because of the .5 ohms, because .5 ohms will make the watage bigger compared to 1ohm right? and about the addtl options i think i might go for the p chamfer, cooling and universal. ill use it for daily driving only. thanks!

Edited by panky

How so?

No pole vent to start, even with no cooling options.

P chamfer is the pole is chamfered to allow air to flow better.

Cooling adds the channels along the outside of the pole. Cooling includes P Chamfer.

tyan, that's why i keep on asking questions, because at the time when i bought my set up, i was in a hurry and didn't think, i just bought it and lost some money. i made a mistake back then. and now im planning to buy a bl and i want to make the best decision. my prob right now is that i dont know what to get. a d1 or a d2. but most probably i will take the d2. im just curious about the d1 because of the .5 ohms, because .5 ohms will make the watage bigger compared to 1ohm right? and about the addtl options i think i might go for the p chamfer, cooling and universal. ill use it for daily driving only. thanks!

Do you already have an amplifier picked out? You need to match the ohm load of your woofer to the lowest your amplifier (and your electrical system) can handle.

And really, the options you'll add are Cooling and Universal (only add universal if you get the D1 woofer).

He'd Probably Want Flatwind And Extreme Lead, Too. (You Can Use Extreme Lead For Daily Now, Don't Believe Me, Ask Scott Or Nick)

Dual 2. Get A Good Amp.

I Know What It Is, ButNot Too Sure On What The Extreme Lead Actually Does For The Sub, Thermal Capabilities, Or The Output. Might Change T/S Parameters.

So I just order'd my Fi BL 12''

I selected

Ohm: dual 2

P_Chamfer: no

Cooling: yes +$0

Flatwind: yes +$20

Daily_or_SPL: Daily

Extreme_Lead: no

Universal: no

Dustcap: white

If the web designer messed up on the website, are we essentially getting cooling for free or do they just have cooling as a free feature until they get this fixed?

My sub came out to be 264.00 excluding shipping.. So we really should be paying 304.00 since it was 40 dollars for cooling?

your shipping is included in that price

Not anymore it isn't.

Cooling charges won't be added to your order to the best of my knowledge.

I already have an amp, its dls a6 mono amp, 1200wats @1ohm. but if i can sell it with a fair price maybe ill buy a sundown.

What amp did you end up getting? Or have you not decided yet?

As ive said, i currently have a dls a6 mono amp 1200wats@ 1ohm. i guess i need to get a d2, am i right?

thanks, which amp is better, the dls a6 or the sundown with the 1200wats? coz im planning to buy a FI BL. thanks.

and about the addtl options, what would you suggest? im sure ill take the p chamfer, not sure about the cooling, if its still on sale when i buy one, then im sure ill get it. and daily.

Edited by panky