Sign in to follow this  
Penguin4x4

Project T-Rex

The Long and Short of It: I've always had big arms (biceps, triceps, forearms) because of all the sports and moving furniture and whatnot. I've also got a gigantic head and a barrel chest. I haven't been measured for dress clothes in a while but I plan on getting remeasured over the weekend so I can get quantifiable numbers. Last I checked I was at 42L jacket with like a 7 1/2 hat. I also have almost no bulk or definition in my neck/shoulders/upper back region

Basically I want to bulk up the shoulders/traps/upper back area so I'm not walking around like a humanoid T-Rex...thing... :wacky: so if y'all got any links to detailed neck and shoulder routines I would appreciate it. Machinery is not a concern as the university has a brand new, state of the art rec center that I'll be using.

Shoulder shrugs, lat pull downs, pull ups, pushups. Shrugs will help you the most in the neck and trap region. Vary with barbell and dumbbell shrugs.

Shoulders

• Behind the neck press
  • Standing upright rows(wide and narrow grip)
  • Front overhead presses

Back

• Front lat-pulldown
  • Seated cable rows
  • Dumbbell rows(one are at a time)

Looks like I've grown...again...

Hat Size: 7 5/8

Jacket Size: 44L

What are you eating? Wheaties

neck trap and upper back size? sounds like a recipe for deadlifts!!!

What about your leg development? I would start throwing in deadlifts and bent-rows/t-bar rows. Puts size on much better than one arm dumbbell and cable exercises.

What about your leg development? I would start throwing in deadlifts and bent-rows/t-bar rows. Puts size on much better than one arm dumbbell and cable exercises.

I love me some deadlifts! :wub:

Any updates ?

I love me some deadlifts! :wub:

X464641869464869476732211889321953465465432

Deads will build your back like nothing else. Also if you want to mix it up throw in shrugs and back bridges. If you are unsure of what a back bridge is I am in talking about are the bridges done in wrestling. You will thicken up fast with deads, bridges, and shrugs.

Shoulder shrugs, lat pull downs, pull ups, pushups. Shrugs will help you the most in the neck and trap region. Vary with barbell and dumbbell shrugs.

x2. I like to super set my shrugs. They will build traps like nobodys business. I did them with the smith machine straight up and down. Then some dumbells palms in. Straight to the cables from the floor. A few steps back with arms in front then arms behind. For the neck, its a little unorthodox but a 5-10lb plate on your forehead with a towel in between. Lie flat on the bench with your head hanging over and lift your neck up and down. Its weird for some but works.

wow this thread is still around? :lol2:

the accident has put a hold on everything weight training related; low impact cardio only ATM

Updates?