Sign in to follow this  
NB50

Bromos Build Log

There is two ways to mount it suggested in the manual. It comes with mounting tabs (painted 1/8inch tabs) and hardware to attach them to the amp. Or it gives you the bolt and thread size for a clean install where you can drill holes in your amp rack and put the bolts in from the back side so you cant see any tabs or anything.

Well thanks for the information, considering I will probably mounting it to the seat I will use the tabs unless I make an amp rack (ideas, ideas, ideas). I will either get this amp or there 4 channel amp coming out later on this year.

Got everything under the dash done that I wanted to get done.

Took out the remote gain for the amp and put in the universal one.

Ran a better ground for the head unit.

I decided not to switch sides on the RCAs, I did loosen them up as they were tugging on the back of the head unit kinda tight.

Now all I have to do is take out the sub amp and run everything off the Leviathan. :rockwoot:

Pic of mounting options.

001.jpg

There are holes on all 4 sides only took pic of one side to get a closer pic. You can see the tab left on one side and I took the other side off for reference to the "ghost mount" where you can put a bolt through the board into the amp so there is no visible mounting tabs..

thats a pretty cool mounting idea. which are you going to do? flush would be nice.

I'm using the tabs, the amp is mounted on top of the box now.

Everything is now being run off the Leviathan.:D I still need to fine tune everything though as I set the gain conservatively. I'll break out the scope another day as I'm done for today.

Didn't take any build pictures and when I tried to take finshed product the camera died after the first shot. But there is a little change being made in the sub stage right now.

055.jpg

:peepwall:

Whats the upgraded substage gonna be? :peepwall:

Emailed Don at SDS and he set me up with everything I need to get my doors done. Very helpful individual, I gave him measurements to my doors and he gave me a couple options of what to buy and even told me step by step how to do it. So needless to say I'm doing that today. :rockwoot:

However when I took my door panels off I found out I need to redo my speaker mounts really bad. dry.gif

Now on to the pics and impressions.

What I have to work on.

003.jpg

004.jpg

Deadening done

010.jpg

011.jpg

MLV installed

012.jpg

Left door deadening

016.jpg

013.jpg

Impressions...

I will admit I was skeptical on how big of an impact deadening the doors would do, fearing I wouldn't notice a difference. I was leery the whole time I was doing the install. First impressions when one door was done, there was a noticeable difference in the way the door sounded when it was shut. It was a nice thud instead of the other door which was a higher pitched thud, believe me I walked back and forth opening and closing each door and listening several times. Driving down the road when it was all done was satisfying ( I live on a dirt road), the road noise was lowered by a lot. Then I went to an empty parking lot and listened to the stereo for about an hour and a half making little changes in the processing, eq, etc. Rolling up and down windows walking around the car, being more then pleased. Then went on a drive raising and lowering the volume noticing the differences in how loud a car passed , it is quite a difference quieter with the windows down and almost non existent with the windows up( all with the stereo turned all the way down). It appears that the sound from the stereo is cleaner also, which I would attribute to not having to fight the background road noise.

So in short I am very pleased with the way it turned out and with the customer service from Sound Deadener Showdown. http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Isn't it nice to lower the road noise instead of raising the volume!!:fing34:

Is the Icon sealed?

PLEASE tell us what you think about the Leviathan?

The Icon is sealed, and sounds great, more then loud enough with only ~500w.

I love the Leviathan, it has some quirks like a protection circuit where if you leave it to loud when you turn off the vehicle and then turn it back on it will go into protect. At times I think my protection circuit on it has been a little touchy but thats not a big deal. I also love the fact that I can run everything off of one amp.

Did you put a piece of Styrofoam in the passenger door as well? Yeah my next goal is deadening as well and was also weary about it but the more I see people having great results makes me want to go for it.

If your talking about the black styrofoam piece no that is stock, tried to remove it but it was glued to the outer door panel so I left it.

No Im talking about the white one in the third picture under the words "Deadening Done."

:popcorn:

:fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

I like it !!!

How do you like the Icon ? How do you compare it to the IA you had ?

I think your car must sound sooo good !

:drink40:

Congratulations !!!

I love the Leviathan, it has some quirks like a protection circuit where if you leave it to loud when you turn off the vehicle and then turn it back on it will go into protect. At times I think my protection circuit on it has been a little touchy but thats not a big deal. I also love the fact that I can run everything off of one amp.

Thanks for your thoughts.:fing34: I am intrerested in the Leviathan to replace my Alpine MRP-F600 and Rockford 400.a4. The Leviathan would give me alot of headroom and dynamics for my needs.

I have read about the volume upon start up thing, what else sends the amp into protect? Do you use this amp for long periods of time? has it ever overheated? do you have it mounted flat or sideways?

:popcorn:

:fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

I like it !!!

How do you like the Icon ? How do you compare it to the IA you had ?

I think your car must sound sooo good !

:drink40:

Congratulations !!!

I like the Icon, but I don't really like to compare it to the Flatlynes. Reason being is the whole entire setup is different Icon is up firing flatlynes were rear firing, 15" Vs 2 12" , etc etc.

Thanks for your thoughts.:fing34: I am intrerested in the Leviathan to replace my Alpine MRP-F600 and Rockford 400.a4. The Leviathan would give me alot of headroom and dynamics for my needs.

I have read about the volume upon start up thing, what else sends the amp into protect? Do you use this amp for long periods of time? has it ever overheated? do you have it mounted flat or sideways?

That is the only time I've have the protection problem was on start up. Not to big of a deal as you just turn the amp off for 6 seconds then turn it back on. Amp is mounted flat. I have never had a problem with over heating, my test usually is a 4 hour drive to my cabin up north which I listen to the stereo all the way up the whole time and I have never had a problem with the Leviathan.

I would love to try one of those amps. I like the 5/6 channel amps.

Just picked up a Kenwood XR-5S yesterday, nice amp but no where near the flexibility of the Levathon X-overs.

Small update, built a new box that is for a single 12" sealed. Had a Skar VVX-12 in for about 2 weeks and then took it out and put the flatlyne in the box.

picture of the box and skar.

004-1.jpg