Sign in to follow this  
wof131s

Would this be efficient?

Again am using a US amp MD.3D. I have a HO alternator from Nations and a kenetik HC 2000. Would this be enough to supply this amp with the needed power. Am wanting to run 2 15" subs, 1000 watts a piece. Thanks in advance for the response.

What size alt? Have you done the big 3?

There's really no way for us to be fully sure. You must run it how it is & see what your voltage drop is. If it says moderately high, then you're set. If not, try adding another Kenitek under the hood. Then if it is still to low, add another in the rear.

Sorry about that. The alterator push out 140 amps at idle and 230amp max output. I have another thread asking for an explaination of what the big 3 is and how is the installation is done but no response. I have a dakota and the two subs take up the space in a back so i will only have one kinetik HC 2000 under the hood. So will this do?

Sorry about that. The alterator push out 140 amps at idle and 230amp max output. I have another thread asking for an explaination of what the big 3 is and how is the installation is done but no response. I have a dakota and the two subs take up the space in a back so i will only have one kinetik HC 2000 under the hood. So will this do?

140 at idle isnt bad.. check it at an alternator shop to be sure though.. try it an see what happens