944guy

aq hdc3 vs fi bl

just making a final pick on subs for the back of a hatchback subs will be in a 2.5 3 cubic box ported and it will be a single 10 have about 800rms to play with at 4 ohms i mostly listen to rap.

if your only going to do 800rms to the sub I say either. if your talking 1200rms and up then I would look into those subs

2.5-3 cubes is a big muthafudgein box for a 10...if youre looking for an ultra efficient box for those 10's on 800w, fine, but i think a ssd or sd would be better suited

well now that i think of it il probly endup geting a bigger amp. also box will stay the same size and its only wide enof to do 10s and i would like to do a single sub aswell.

is that 2.5 cubes net or gross?

A AQ HDC3 is the broke man DD 9500.

Almost exact same woofer, just AQ uses Chinese parts. DD uses American parts.

well now that i think of it il probly endup geting a bigger amp. also box will stay the same size and its only wide enof to do 10s and i would like to do a single sub aswell.

That's quite a silly decision to make. There are very few 10" woofers that require that amount space.

What is inhibiting you from building the CORRECT size box for the woofer you choose? Laziness? Or do you need a design? There are plenty of people here to help you in that process.

I like the BLs but you would need a bit more power the SSA ICON might fit better and it's still loud..

Edited by RetroAudioInc

A AQ HDC3 is the broke man DD 9500.

Almost exact same woofer, just AQ uses Chinese parts. DD uses American parts.

If you get the aluminum models, it's all American parts...

box is made off fiberglass to fit inside of a spare tire well and unloads into a false floor that runs the span of the hatch then dumps out in more or less at the back of the seats and its almost done so i dont wont to rebuild it when i get it done i will take pics.