Thorshammer

It's Official

I should have been there. Again. :(

It was a good show! There's gonna be another one on April 18th I believe but I'm already judging a TNESPL event here at one of the local colleges. :P

Would love to see you come up for the 3x St. Judes Event in June. ;)

atta boy 150 would be nice to get with my btl, about what db does a decent hair trick start up at

Got a couple burps in and whoops

Split the box down the seam of the port

HPIM1464.jpg

HPIM1465.jpg

Also broke 2 more wood screw and stripped a third.

Even with box pissing and subs screaming with air out the sides I was able to pull a 149.4 while in the drivers seat.

Peak freq is back to box tuning around 47.

Very Optimistic :slayer:

If your PG has dual power and ground, I would suggest trying to run both sets. :)

It does and I have thought about it in the past but with only 2 sets of components and a 8 volt line driver I have virtually no draw. Once I get everything in for the season I may just try it to see if it makes a diff.

Thanks for the ideas!

It does and I have thought about it in the past but with only 2 sets of components and a 8 volt line driver I have virtually no draw.

Isn't that one of the models that makes the same power at any rated impedance?

The extra power imput may not make a difference in how much power you are getting, but may save the amp. Copper traces on the board are more than likely not designed assuming only one set of inputs being used.

What does an 8 volt line driver have to do with not using one set of power inputs?

It does and I have thought about it in the past but with only 2 sets of components and a 8 volt line driver I have virtually no draw.

Isn't that one of the models that makes the same power at any rated impedance?

The extra power imput may not make a difference in how much power you are getting, but may save the amp. Copper traces on the board are more than likely not designed assuming only one set of inputs being used.

What does an 8 volt line driver have to do with not using one set of power inputs?

Yes it's one of the amps that makes the power at any ohm load. As far as I can tell the extra set of power inputs is primarily there if i was running all 5 channels and needed to stiffen my power available. When I originally bought the amp Phil at PG said that it wasnt necessary to use both inputs.

The line driver really has nothing to do with using the sec. inputs but I'm able to give a clean 6 volts to my amp and with that I'm using a fraction of the amp. At full volume I'm lucky to see a .1 v drop. Without a sub or set if heavy mids It will probably never need anymore power.

Got the box up and running and found that the subs were getiing a hot faster than they had in a long time. So I cut a longer port to shrink the common chamber like I did in the old box and it worked like a charm. ;)

What I couldnt' stand was the box flex at high volumes it was driving me crazy sooooo with no meter to do testing I decided to pull the box and resin it up!

th_HPIM1493.jpg

th_HPIM1495.jpg

th_HPIM1496.jpg

th_HPIM1497.jpg

th_HPIM1498.jpg

th_HPIM1499.jpg

th_HPIM1500.jpg

Should be ready to go back in Sat. Still have to do the inside top and top of port.