mikek

My Fi comparison thread??

this is a fi comparison thread to mainstream subs

i was thinking this would be a good idea for people who are coming from mainstream products (like me) to fi's line of products

this will help alot of people make up there minds on which fi sub best suits them. im going to need lots of help on this (:

FI SSD- ...

The SSD Series of subwoofers is our all around daily sub. Double stack magnets with a heavily bumped T-yoke allow clearance for high excursion. Along with pair of heavy weaved progressive spiders, a multiplayer foam surround attached to a fiber impregnated kraft pulp cone helps keep things under control in high power applications. A 3

Edited by denim

I would put the w7 with the BL. Add the SSA Icon and JL w6 to the Q.

I've read somewhere that the RE SX is pretty much the same as an SSD with a flat wound coil. So that could be a good comparison I guess.

not many main stream subs, I suggest you research and add a lot more, since for some you have the icon, nightshade, which are def. not main stream.

I've read somewhere that the RE SX is pretty much the same as an SSD with a flat wound coil. So that could be a good comparison I guess.

I read somewhere that nick said they are ssd with copper coils. lol

I read somewhere that nick said they are ssd with copper coils. lol

Lol I just did a quick search:

An SX is pretty much equivalent to an SSD with a flat wound coil...

:)

Nightshade and BTL are in two completely different ballparks. It would be more compared to a Havoc of sorts..or more similar to a BL

W7 isn't comparable to anything really, it would be closer to a Q as it is more minded towards music and xmax...could also lean it towards a Havoc as well from Ascendant...

You can't compare main-stream stuff to something that is fullly customizable to you, the end user :);).

I understand your desire to help with the comparison but don't think it will really work. Anyone that is thinking of trying a less mainstream brand should just do as much research as possible. Looking for demo's if possible and go crazy online looking for reviews. Just my 2cents

mainstream<nonmainstream mainstream loses almost every time there is better equipment better pricing and huge selection compared to the type r or l7 vehicles everywhere.

A BL and T1 would never compare. 600 RMS vs stock 1000 RMS... It is very hard to compare subs unless you have specific differences you want...

Is there a certain model you were looking at or considering?

would a 15 Fi BL dual 2ohm, flatwind coil, and cooling. ran by a hifonics bxi1608D at 1ohm. in a 3.75cu. ft. box tuned to 32hz compare to this:

3 12" older pioneers that are single 4ohm voice coils. 400 watts RMS each. in a box tuned to 37hz. each sub seeing about 1cu.ft. each. ran by a hifonics bxi1208D at 1.33ohms

i listen to rap

and would a fi BL 18 in a 5cu ft box tuned to 32hz and everything else the same as the 15 be alot louder then the fifteen?

Edited by burbank bass crew

okay? what are you going for? you're giving them subs about the same power so 3 12s are going to be louder than 1 15. also the 12s are tuned higher so your general rap is going to sound louder.

Edited the thread title a little. ;)