im having trouble finding out which battery i need. ive got an 18" BTL, sundown saz3000d, ad244 HO alternator(underrated for 200 amps), and a 8.5 cu. ft. box.

so what battery do i need to replace my stock one with? or at least how many cold cranking amps am i looking for? not wanting to spend more then $300 on it (hopefully) but will do what is necessary to get this beast going.

thanks

steven

im planning on making my stock battery holder bigger by welding one together. so size, other then height, isnt too much of a big deal.

i would put one in the back, but space is a bit of an issue. so is there any 1 battery that i can use, or will i absolutely NEED 2?

thanks

steven

You are going to be starving that 3KD of power with only 1 battery. Say goodbye to your alternator also.

the battery wont fit in the stock location.

if i am correct you have a s series?

if so is it bagged,and do you have new fenders up front?

if you do you can make it fit but if not then you are going to have a little trouble.

he said he has an upgraded alt but you will most definetly need 2 of them and use the second one

stricly for the amp but everyone with that amp has atleast 2 batts for the amp

i got an 01 two door blazer. no bags as of now, or in the near future so i dont need to worry about that. everything on it is stock except the rims and alt.

Deka batts are the poop! You could put a 9a78dt up front and a 9a31 in the back. That should work. Who makes your alt? You say 200amp but you know thats like 80-100 at idle right? Plus depending on your compressor it alone could draw like 40 amps constant by itself. I know you wanna save $ but you just cant skimp or you will burn chit up.

edit- sorry just seen you dont have bags, but yea you are gonna have to have 2 batts, atleast another 9a34m in the back, even then you will probably get voltage drops.

Edited by cobracommander

Let me move this to the correct section. :)