bobonit

97 Maxima Build Log

Its time to finally install all the goodies I have purchased before I got laid off.

Alpine IVA-W505 Headunit

Alpine PXA-H701 Processor

Alpine RUX-C701 Controller for PXA-H701

3x Sundown SAX-100.4D for Highs, Mids and Midbass

1x Sundown SAZ-3000D

4x SEAS Prestige 27TFFNC/G (H1396) 1" Textile Dome Tweeters

4x Tang Band W6-1721 6-1/2" Underhung Midbass Drivers (Midrange)

4x Sundown E8 Woofers for Midbass

2x Sundown Custom 15D1 Nightshades with Copper Coils

DC Power Inc 250amp alternator w/Switchable MLA Module - already installed.

I started with the power backbone. I installed a DC Power 250amp alternator and switchable MLA module.

DSC00899.jpg

DSC00902.jpg

Kinetik HC1800 Under the hood, Big 3 with Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0. After this pic was taken, I cleaned it up a little more by removing that little piece of grey 1/0 and connecting the stock ground wire to chassis where the battery is grounded. It looks nicer now.

DSC00903.jpg

Positive wire from the alternator going to battery positive (blue wire)

DSC00905.jpg

The substage will be 2 custom Nightshade 15's. These are the copper coil Nightshades Jacob was testing with. Subs will be firing foward through the rear seat, ports will be up through the deck and I will seal off the trunk.

The old torsion bars must go as they will be in the way. I installed a pair of StrongArm 4518 Universal 14.50" Ext. 100# Lift Supports.

DSC00909.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00912.jpg

Making room for the box with my new toy.

DSC00920.jpg

The upper corners and a little off the top is what I'm removing.

DSC00914.jpg

The reciprocating saw goes through this like butter.

DSC00915.jpg

Taking a break.

DSC00916.jpg

Now thats better.

DSC00919.jpg

This is gonna be a good build :)

Keep us updated with pics

Hey, thanks for the vote of confidence. :fing34: I gotta say i had butterflies when I started cutting since I have not done it in so long, but after I got started, I got that "now this is fun" feeling back.

Hey, thanks for the vote of confidence. :fing34: I gotta say i had butterflies when I started cutting since I have not done it in so long, but after I got started, I got that "now this is fun" feeling back.

Haha i know what ya mean :D

You know the W505 will control the H701 just fine right? You don't need the C701.

Yea, only 2 reasons I wanted it was 1: Time delay is supposed to be easier to setup with the C701, and 2: Bling Bling, love the display !!

I hope to someday have the balls to take a saw to my car.

Looks like a nice list of equipment, can wait to see the finnished install.

I started on the sub enclosure today. I only had a couple of hours to work on it so I got the bottom and back done.

My other new saw.

DSC00926.jpg

My work area with my dirty ass car in the background. Man I need to wash and wax that thing.

DSC00925.jpg

The sun was really beating down today, freaking 85 degrees today. It was hard to get a good picture since the birch was really reflecting the light.

DSC00924.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC00921.jpg

Thats probably going to be it until Monday. My daughters 4th birthday is tomorrow and I have stuff to do all weekend, so I'll get back on it after the weekend.

damn. nice job on the custom trunk. ;)

Edited by phi

I'll be watching this one

Image015.jpg

looks familiar eh(and a quick note stock speakers are gone)

i have a 98'

i have a 98'

Are those the 7" seas that are in your sig? How do they sound IB like that? I'm thinking about doing that with my rear Tang Bands and Sundown E8s. My front set will be E8's in the doors and tang bands and tweets in kickpods, sealed.

i have a 98'

Are those the 7" seas that are in your sig? How do they sound IB like that? I'm thinking about doing that with my rear Tang Bands and Sundown E8s. My front set will be E8's in the doors and tang bands and tweets in kickpods, sealed.

the seas sound really good, i think they would sound even better if i had some more power to em.

i am running all front stage, no rear fill.

do u know about maxima.org?

i have a pretty extensive build log there

i have a 98'

the seas sound really good, i think they would sound even better if i had some more power to em.

i am running all front stage, no rear fill.

do u know about maxima.org?

i have a pretty extensive build log there

I'm also on maxima.org as bobonit. Thats where I got the idea for the support lifts for the trunk. I'll have to check out your build there.

have you played with the tang bands yet.. i look at those for a little while wondering about getting some

No I haven't and it bugs the crap out of me. I really want to hear how these sound, but I have nothing to test them with. According to reviews I've read, they have very low harmonic distortion and that due to the underhung motor it should remain clean at high output levels as well. I've also read complaints that the midbass is lacking, but I cannot say from firsthand experience as they are still in their boxes. I'm not too worried about that though, thats what the Sundown E8's are for :)

Small Update:

Cut the top panel and glued it in place. Cut the bevels for the front of the enclosure. I'll do the baffle tomorrow.

DSC00933.jpg

DSC00934.jpg

DSC00935.jpg

Thats it for today, gotta look for a job.