Sign in to follow this  

Alright well I added an amp to my car for testing. I unplugged the battery and had to plug it back in and when I tried to start it, it had troubles starting because of the disconnectoin of the battery. So When I went to start it I also tried to put a cd in. The cd was just sitting half way in so while I tried to start it again and just pushed the cd in. The cd player will not read it, and it cannot eject it becuase it doesn't see it as it's in there.

It is a 2002 ford explorer, and it is the regular (not 6 disc) cd changer. I read to either grab it with plyers (can't find needle nose small enough) or take it out. I don't know how to take it out either so can someone help!

Check your fuses! My explorer had the very same symptoms and i took it all apart only to find at the end it was a fuse. You probably shorted out the fuse when messing with the battery and I bet that's your problem. Good luck!

Whenever CDs get stuck in my hads HU he justs sticks a butter knife in the slot and pushes gently against the CD and pulls it out.

It might not work for you since your HU is not recognizing that its in there but i might be worth a shot.

No! the cd player still WORKS but it doens't recognize the CD. I'll check my fuzebox but yeah i tried pinching with knifes and it wouldnt come. My friends dad who owns a ford dealership says its broken then, and he'll have to send it in for repair and that would cost 100$. I was like no way ill just buy a new headunit. IDK I really want to get this fixed because I have no funds to buy a new headunit lol....

if it comes down to it a local junk yard might sell you one for like $10 you might even be able to get the 6 disc for like $15

if it comes down to it a local junk yard might sell you one for like $10 you might even be able to get the 6 disc for like $15

omg Great idea! I hope its not broken.

OPEN YOUR HU UP HOMIE IF NOT USE TWEEZERS

Hmm, most cd players/burners etc have an emergency eject. Its a pin size hole by the slot. Just unfold a paper clip and push it in the hole.

Maybe? Just by yourself a cheap 65 dollar head unit that will be sufficient enough until you can save up for a better one. JMO