yeddy2201

1 15 BTL problem

I have 1 15 BTL Fully loaded, i was playing it today and it started smoking then went out. I have it on a Orion Hcca 5000, the gain was not up it was below half way, i wasn't playing it for a long time, i don't know what could be the problem. If you have any ideas what the problem could be, or what I could do please let me know, Thank You.

Before we say its blown, is it still working? Have you taken it out of the enclosure? Tested coils?

i never understand how people manage to blow these subs....

i dont understand it either because i got everything done at an audio shop but....

If it actually smoked, you better check that amp before you reconnect things. Only time I have ever seen a sub of this type smoke, the amp had failed and was running high DC voltage into the coil.

Did you notice if the cone was sucked in or pushed out while it was smoking?

i dont understand it either because i got everything done at an audio shop but....

:Doh: theres the problem lol

just because you got it done at an "audio shop" doesnt mean they know what they are doing all the time.

i'd take my car to one of these guys back yards before i took it to an audio shop....

Edited by ChiTownTBird312

If you can prove it was their fault, id raise some hell. DId you touch anything after they installed it? POst up some pics of their work also, and as i said earlier pics of how the ampis hooked up and the settings.

How could you ever blame anyone but the guy controling the volume knob? LOL....

Seriously......

How could you ever blame anyone but the guy controling the volume knob? LOL....

Seriously......

True

bass boost all the way up on the amp?

bass plus 6 on the deck?

im guessing yes

just because you got it done at an "audio shop" doesnt mean they know what they are doing all the time.

i'd take my car to one of these guys back yards before i took it to an audio shop....

Now be careful there.

I have some very pathetic work done at audio shops, but most work done my DIY'ers is much worse.

If it actually smoked, you better check that amp before you reconnect things. Only time I have ever seen a sub of this type smoke, the amp had failed and was running high DC voltage into the coil.

it was normal the sub wasnt in or out

:Doh: theres the problem lol

So u sayin that i shouldnt let an audio shop Hook it up

not necessarily, but it might be part of their plan....have you blow the btl, tell you its garbage, and that a w7 is money well spent, and would outperform the btl in every aspect....then pocket your install money for the btl, rape you on the w7, and make a killing on an install for the w7.

OR i could just be user error. you need to give more details so that the problem can be narrowed down, and fixed, or prevented in the future.

+1

I like the quote I read about a ICON, applies to the BTL in a way.

It's going be a little off but you will get the idea,

"If you blew a ICON without blowing the cone out the basket with twice the rated RMS, then YOU did something wrong"

For a BTL it would be triple the RMS. LOL

Pics of amp settings plz!!

not necessarily, but it might be part of their plan....have you blow the btl, tell you its garbage, and that a w7 is money well spent, and would outperform the btl in every aspect....then pocket your install money for the btl, rape you on the w7, and make a killing on an install for the w7.

OR i could just be user error. you need to give more details so that the problem can be narrowed down, and fixed, or prevented in the future.

Thats what im tryin 2 do find the problem, b/c i dont want another speaker

I like the quote I read about a ICON, applies to the BTL in a way.

It's going be a little off but you will get the idea,

"If you blew a ICON without blowing the cone out the basket with twice the rated RMS, then YOU did something wrong"

For a BTL it would be triple the RMS. LOL

Pics of amp settings plz!!

how do u but pics on here

Use Photobucket