Sign in to follow this  
ABXX49

Home theater sub build

Hi all. I started this build over Christmas break for one of my roommates. The box is 4.8^3 ft after all displacement and tuned to 23Hz. I picked up a Stereo Integrity Mag D2 15" subwoofer off of here from a member. The amp is a 500w O Audio plate amplifer.

The goods:

DSCF5713.jpg

DSCF5714.jpg

DSCF5734.jpg

DSCF5735.jpg

The build:

DSCF5708.jpg

DSCF5711.jpg

DSCF5712.jpg

DSCF5736.jpg

DSC01262.jpg

DSC01263.jpg

DSC01264.jpg

Sadly I don't have pictures of the round off I did on ALL of the corners.

The paint and the install:

DSC01271.jpg

DSC01272.jpg

DSC01274.jpg

DSC01275.jpg

DSC01276.jpg

DSC01277.jpg

DSC01278.jpg

DSC01279.jpg

DSC01281.jpg

DSC01280.jpg

DSCF5739.jpg

DSCF5740.jpg

DSCF5742.jpg

That's it!

The partial review:

I have yet to really put this thing through a whole movie, but I have picked out a few of my favorite scenes from Lord of the Rings. I chose the scene at the end of the 3rd movie right before Sauron is destroyed. I'm able to compare this to quite a few HTIB, my home subwoofer (Dayton 15" HF powered by a 500w Bash plate), and a Paradigm PW2200. Well let's just say Stereo Integrity has a new fan! This thing just dominates. One of the first bass notes hit and knocked 2 pictures over and made my sister about jump out of her skin. It gets MUCH lower than my Dayton ever thought about doing. I also think it just edges out the Paradigm. It never missed a beat. I put some music to it and it sounded beautiful. I played a little jazz, some country, rock, and a little rap. This sub does it all. Very music, able to get very low for the movies, I just can't praise it enough! The only thing I've noticed that I haven't really liked was a little chuffing in the port. Should have gone a little bigger :(....

I wish I had a better camera to really show the paint. It's a automotive grade gloss black that has a few layers. of clear coat on it. Looks so good.

I wish I had a better camera to really show the paint. It's a automotive grade gloss black that has a few layers. of clear coat on it. Looks so good.

You can deff tell thats not from a spray can lols

Is that a V.2 Mag? Is the port a 4 incher or 6? Looks great, and I have been very satisfied with mine. I need to build a new box for it and use it as my HT sub.

Is that a V.2 Mag? Is the port a 4 incher or 6? Looks great, and I have been very satisfied with mine. I need to build a new box for it and use it as my HT sub.

I believe so. I bought it off of a kid on here for $100 SHIPPED :D. I couldn't turn it down. It's a 4 inch port, should have gone with a 6 though. My next home theater sub will be a mag....unless I decide to try an Icon out :) (We'll see how I like the one I put in my car :P

The box and the paint look great!! It is hard to beat the look of base and clear. Sharp and Clean

yeah....single 4" port is not enough for a 15" sub and 4+ cu ft. Did you not model out the port velocity??

Obviously I didn't. You can BARELY notice it though and only on REALLY intense, bass heavy, scenes.