Sign in to follow this  
hiloracerboy84

input from nightshade 18 users

ok, so its either 2 15's or 2 18's and its coming down to port area that will decide whether i have enogh space or not. how much port area are you guys using for 2 18 nightshades.

im shooting for 8cubes w/ ? port area @ 30hz

ok, so its either 2 15's or 2 18's and its coming down to port area that will decide whether i have enogh space or not. how much port area are you guys using for 2 18 nightshades.

im shooting for 8cubes w/ ? port area @ 30hz

I would want over 100in^2 minimum for 18's, but thats just me.

oh yeah...my 15 has about 50...so im looking to go about 120-140 possibly...but i saw somewhere someone was running 180ish so just want to know what users have to say about their own experiences.

how much area do you have for your xcon box? **found it - 159

Edited by hiloracerboy84

I'm having the same problem. Without the space issue.

I either want 15"s or 18"s. I just can't decide for some reason. :shrug:

I would do 14sqin per cube, 16 gives it a "peaky" sound I think.

yeah im hoping to be able to go on the smaller side, but i saw a thread where the guy was going w/ almost 180sq in....but i think that was spl specific. anymore input guys?

this was supposed to be done, figured out, and paid for last week! (dont worry, i got payment on the way jake). i couldn't get measurements for a 4runner, and had to resort to posting an ad on craigslist and going around putting notes on peoples windows with $$ incentive just to have someone give me 2 minutes of their time. hopefully it stops snowing, and warms up a bit so i can get those measurements from a guy that lives in my apartment complex.

I would do, with the 18"s, 4 cubes each with 120 SQin of port PER woofer.

That's what I'm doing anyway lol

any reason why 4cf works best with this 18", but others like 6cf or so each? im probably gonig to build my box at 5.5cf and use an 18" when and if i get it, so if i want to change out the sub, i still have a box that other subs work well with. 4cf seems on the small side

i guess as with all the nightshades, they like smaller boxes....its a good thing for a daily user. more space for more cone area :)

jake, you got an email about this

i guess as with all the nightshades, they like smaller boxes....its a good thing for a daily user. more space for more cone area :)

jake, you got an email about this

yeah, true, it does help fitting them in compared to others. but i dont want to lose output because of a smaller box though. ill just have to try it out. i will have about 6cf net to work with, running off a saz3000 (not giving it all of it, but will upgrade to the ns-x later). maybe i should try 4cf instead of 6

well ill probably post some results if i get around to it...TL numbers and possibly vids

ok cool, how much port area will you have? and you said 4cf net right? 1500w?

in the 140ish sq in range. this is for 2 18's. 8 net at 29 or 30hz. the port is taking up about 3.5 cubes. 3000d on em

decided to downsize the area to 120sq inches and see how it works. hopefully i'll get my stuff in and be able to post some numbers. the 15 thats getting reconed did 148.0@44hz w/ ~1500w. 3 cubes tuned to 33hz

Sign in to follow this