HlorridiXplorer

questions about BTL's

Hey I'm new to this forum but I was considering getting Btl's as my next sub but I got a few questions. I already emailed nick but I thought there might be some members on here that would have enough experience with BTL's that they might be able to help me out. I want to get 2 12" Btl's and was wondering if they could handle 2500 to 3300 watts rms on a daily basis? Im going to have a Kicker 2500 at 1 ohm to each of them. I'm going to be competing with them every once in awhile to but I'll be listening to them on a daily basis more so that comes first. I thought about getting the inner heat sink option and the cooling package. Would this help them handle the extra power on a daily basis? if anyone has experience with running them on this much power please post and let me know how well they handle it.

Why are you running the 2500.1 at 1 ohm? It does rated at 2 ohm.

Yes the BTL's will take the power, get them fully loaded. I hope you have plans for an electrical system upgrade.

Why are you running the 2500.1 at 1 ohm? It does rated at 2 ohm.

Yes the BTL's will take the power, get them fully loaded. I hope you have plans for an electrical system upgrade.

the 2500 will produce more power at 1 ohm and as long as you have the electrical to back it up then you can run the amp at 1 ohm daily. Test have shown that at 1 ohm the 2500 is a BEAST. I've seen gains on the TL from adding batteries all the way up to 3 and even with those 3 batteries you'll still have a slight voltage drop but wont see any more gains from adding another battery. They do 2500 at 2 ohms yes but at 1 ohm they are estimated to do 3300 or more depending on electrical system. They are stronger than a Sundown 3000 at 1 ohm. Not saying anything bad about the sundowns of course cause you can still wire them down to .5 or .25 and murder the 2500 but at 1 ohm the Kicker wins. I have only gained 4 tenths from running 2 2500's at a stable load then 1 at 1 ohm.

Do you know they will handle the power from personal experience? how much are you running to yours? and why do you suggest having the sub fully loaded? Doesnt that mean every option there is? I didnt think I would need the extra Xmas. Are you suggesting it because of the extra power it will make them flex more?

And yeah I already have the electrical system to support the 2 2500's but they're running 4 12's right now and it's to cramped in the back of my explorer so I wanted to downgrade to 2 12's that can handle more power. I have to stick to 12's though because if I went up to 15's I only have space for 1 and still want to have a daily system more than an all out SPL vehicle.

thanks for your help. anyboy else run them daily with this much power?

They'll handle it as well as basically any other big-boy sub, but you can still blow them with that power too.

I run 4000+ to mine no problem.

Get the cooling and long coil for sure if it will be a daily setup. With that much power, you can run them well beyond the linear excursion of the standard coil. . .

Brian

Don't run the 2500's that low.

They will either turn off or you will break them.

Dual 2's are fine, you'll actually be sitting at 1.4 ohms

There is a reason Kicker doesn't give the power that low. It's cause they aren't made to do it.

Hell I could run a SAZ-3000 down at .25 daily, just cause it CAN do it, doesn't mean I should.

i thought kicker amps are only 2 ohm stable

They CAN go 1 ohm, but are SOOOOO inefficient it's retarded. We had a 2500.1 at 1 ohm on 2 CVX 12"s. Normally at 2 ohm voltage never went below 13, at 1 ohm it went down to 11. :Doh:

And the amp over heated quick