Sign in to follow this  
Astaldoath

Getting new subs in 1-2 months help me choose

Im either going with RE or Incriminator (I know who the favorite is on here) Ill probably go with incriminator seeing as they are cheaper and RE is behind on production.

Now im going to be putting them in an 04 cavalier and I want to retain the use of my spare and some of the trunk space so my question is.

Do i go with a Death Row 15, or 2 Lethal Injection 12s. Im looking for whatever will be louder. I listen to mostly rock, and metal and rap every once in a while. Im pretty positive 2 12s will be louder, so If i did go the route would you guys recommend ported or sealed?

I have a jbl 1200.1 to power the sub/subs btw

if your looking for loud you want ported. but you want to find out what the largest box you can fit or want to fit in your vehicle is then go from there. if you want to get as loud as possible and your looking at a pair of 12's but only have 2.5cu to work with there not going to like there box and wont sound right. but if you have 10 cu you can use why not go with 2 15's or 18's or a single 21. how mcuh room do you have to use and how much power do you have and at what ohm. what is your budget

600 for subs, 300 for box. Not sure of the room i have to work work, didnt measure or anything, probably around 3-4 cubic feet

Have you looked in AQ?

I am kinda biased to them, but for the money I believe you can't fins better woofers then the HDC3's

... go with 2 12" Flatlynes in a 3 cubes sealed box with a IA 20.1 (or SAZ 1500-2000D) :bigclap: :bigclap:

Okay wow, since he asked about the DR's and LI's. If you are on a budget that will not allow a pair of DR 12's, the LI 12's will be a very good choice. They have been a big hit with everyone who has ordered them. If you have space, I would suggest porting the LI 12's to the suggested IA specs. They have a cone advantage over the single 15.

Yeah im probably gonna go with the leathal injections tuned to 28 hz with like 2cu per sub if i can manage it

Sounds like a great plan.