Which is better Passive or Active? After askin on other threads i figured out the difference, but not sure which one is best. All i can figure is Passive would be better because you can use one channel of amplification and get 2 or 3 way crossover, and have that one channel power 2 or 3 speakers. So = better use of power. For Active you need one channel for one speaker. so more power is required by needing more channels, but that give you more control, right?

Will one sound better than the other?

active has the ability to sound better if done right. passive is easier and more efficeint with power like you said.

active has the ability to sound better if done right. passive is easier and more efficeint with power like you said.

what?

what?

I think he means you can power more speakers with the amp. Passive will be fine if you're looking for a daily driver or SPL vehicle. If you plan to acquire a SQ World Championship, you might want to start looking to go active.

what?

I think he means you can power more speakers with the amp. Passive will be fine if you're looking for a daily driver or SPL vehicle. If you plan to acquire a SQ World Championship, you might want to start looking to go active.

Sorry wrong thread.

Edited by nmssd12

so how did this thread end up? I can't find anything else on this forum...

There literally must be a 1000 threads on it.  What are you looking for?  Better comes down to installation, nothing else.