vellocet

A perfect hu, does it exist?

I'm running an eclipse 7100 in an active setup. It annoys the chit out of me that amongst all these expensive hu's every one of them is a compromise. My 7100 is great, but the ipod interface and the track display leave alot to be desired.

Before I went active I wandered into a local shop hoping to have a look at the display on a 7200 to determine how big a deal the sun washout is. They didn't have one and when he called his guy on it and asked about it he did a double take and made sure it wasn't a touch screen($$$).

This is a niche market and all, but for the $ I'd figure they'd be able to get it right. Without spending F1 money is there any touch screens on the market that will work as an active hu?

Clarion had a single DIN model, with touchscreen, that had the processing power for 2way front + subwoofer. DXZ955MC

Double din touchscreen, with lots of processing would be an Alpine touchscreen with the H701 processor.

Touchscreen you'll have to go Alpine and use the H701. Not ideal, but I like that option a lot better than the Eclipse.